Factory Denali Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger Tail light was cracked and I ordered a new one. I put new LEDS in the reverse lights before so I know how to take them out. In order for me to take them out does anyone know if it is just a plug that disconnects them or do I just take out the bulbs and the wires are connected to them. I hope that the wire is connected straight to so you have to cut it and splice the wires to connect to the new one. I also noticed that there is a light bulb a 194 bulb on the outside on the side of the light, since it was cracked I could get to it and it was burned out. I don't really ever rember seeing it on before because the one on the driver's side is out also. How do you get to that bulb to replace it, when you pull out the tail light you have access to the 2 red bulbs and the reverse light and not the side light I want to replace them with LEDS now that I know they are there. Does anyone know how to get to those and are your bulbs working? They are not for show because it put a LED in it and it worked just to make sure it worked but I do not know to get to it on the drivers side and when I get the new tail light. RT or Nnaboy I bet one of you two know how to do it.

Thanks

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do.
When I removed my tails there was a harness with wire running to the stop bulb, tail bulb, reverse bulb and side marker 194 bulb.
You should have a wire running right to it and all I did was untwist the connector and it came right out. As of now I'm not using that wire because my IPCW LED tails don't have a provison for it and the sidemarker LED just powers on when the taillight LEDs do.
As for Denali tails I'm not even sure if they have sidemarker bulbs, but if they do you should easily be able to access it and see the harness for those sidemarker 194 LED bulbs.
For your first question all the bulbs in the tails have twist-in style connections like the headlights do, so to change them just twist out and they will come out and them you just pull the 3156, 7440 and 194 bulbs out.
I also replaced my front sidemarkers with 194 LED bulbs for all it matters.

My ony qustion is since you broke your Denali tails, shouldn't it be an excuse for some IPCW Ruby Red LED tails?:D

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nnaboy, as for the IPCW do I have to make mods for them to fit? Do I need resistors and do I need new wires for the install? I am not real good at stuff like that I guess I could take them to a shop for install, they should know how don't you think?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No for th IPCWs the are pefect plug and play.
Remove your old tails, then remove the bulbs connected to the harness from the rear of the light, then pull out the bulbs and connect them to the matching IPCW harness making sure the black wires to each harness face where the arrows on them tell you too (It has a caution sticker so you won't mess up here) then put them back in and bam. The mathcing 3rd brake light ($140) is a little harder and takes some more time but very self-doable.
Take it to you local car audio shop if your not comfy with installing it and they'll do it for about $40 for everything.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen these and what do you think? The website is www.stylintrucks.com you can go there and check them out. Do you like these better than just the LED IPCW. They look pretty cool but not sure. I like that 3rd brake light you showed me also. Do you have pics aof all of your mods, I would like to see them. How hard was it for you to replace your 3rd brake light nd how did you do it. Do you think it was hard or better to let a shop to do it. I really appreciate all of your help, it's nice to have people who help out on here and you have alot of knowledge. I'm learning little by little, Thanks again
LED & Fiber Optic Tail Lights - Ruby Red
by IPCW (In-Pro Car Wear)
LEDT612CR
Fiber Optic Running Lights
LED Turn Signals
LED Reverse Lights
Taillight Type: LED
Lens Color: Red
Finish: Chrome
Color: Red

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen these and what do you think? The website is www.stylintrucks.com you can go there and check them out. Do you like these better than just the LED IPCW. They look pretty cool but not sure. I like that 3rd brake light you showed me also. Do you have pics aof all of your mods, I would like to see them. How hard was it for you to replace your 3rd brake light nd how did you do it. Do you think it was hard or better to let a shop to do it. I really appreciate all of your help, it's nice to have people who help out on here and you have alot of knowledge. I'm learning little by little, Thanks again
LED & Fiber Optic Tail Lights - Ruby Red
by IPCW (In-Pro Car Wear)
LEDT612CR
Fiber Optic Running Lights
LED Turn Signals
LED Reverse Lights
Taillight Type: LED
Lens Color: Red
Finish: Chrome
Color: Red

I'm not too sure on which light you're comparing to the IPCWs because you gave me the wesbite link and not product one, but to me IPCW is the best way to go, they're fully tested and Premium taillights compared to other manufacturers. Plus Ruby Red will match your Denali.
Yeah I only have some og my lighting mod pics in the 07-Up Technical section, its the "Lighting Write Up" or something like that.
And about the third brake light I'm away in college and won't be home till Spring Break, but left the Tahoe at home, so I can't really say mcuh about installing them.
When I looked at the IPCW Bermuda Black 3rd brake light I got, I noticed the instructions for installing it are way more involved than the taillight sway so I would say you just pay a little extra fee and get you local Car Audio shop to install it, save you some sweat.:thumbsup:

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click on the LED & Fiber Optic Tail Lights by IPCW
Item Number: LEDT612CR
These are also made by IPCW

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh your talking about the Fiber optic ones!
I was gonna get them in Bermuda Black but changed my mind and got the LED only ones, $40 difference in price but I think you should get it if you want it, its pretty nice.
Go to the site with the above links, they have the FiberOptic LED ones for like $317 shppied, way cheaper than StylinTrucks. The with the 3rd brake light you're looking at about a $450 total.