faulty climate control module???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfittin

Reaction score
98 Tahoe blower motor blows only on high speed but ONLY with the switch in the off or low position. Sometimes it won't come on at all. I've already replaced the resister. The next logical explanation would be the control module, right? I don't see how it could be the motor itself since it's regulated by the resister. :confused:

NathanJax

Reaction score
It could be that the connection is bad on the switch itself. Like it's just no longer making contact when turning it from off to low/medium

jfittin

Reaction score
Thanks man. I checked the plug to the speed selector at the back of the module and sure enough it was partially melted. I located the hot wire and crossed it over with the other wires and all speeds work. I'll need a new female plug (with harness) and the selector - which easily detached from the module. I still don't know why it got that hot without blowing the fuse though. Any ideas?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loose connection switch contacts to plug contacts, created heat, melted harness, get harness and switch, replace, should be good to go, no worries....