Favorite wax/sealer etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I use Meguiars NXT, it's a synthetic wax and shows a deep deep black. It's super easy to apply, and remove. When it's on, I've compared to Zanio and it's the same look. Only bad thing about NXT is that it only last like one or two washes, But at only $15 it's almost untouchable. Zanio last a long time and looks good, but I hate hate hate putting in on. I have another friend that just got some synthetic wax from Germany that's even better than NXT, same price but it lasts for a few months after applied. I'll find out the name and let you know.

I never use water to wash my car, :nonod: I think the last time it got wet was when I got caught in the rain.....

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
I have a Buick Grand National and have used Zaino on it for years and even on 21 yeaar old black paint it wins shows and looks awesome. I drag race it so it gets all kinds of muck on it during burnouts and it always cleans nicely and looks like a black mirror. The trick to Zaino is to only use a very small amount. If you use too much it's a problem. I use it on my black Tahoe LTZ and my wife's Trailblazer and they are daily drivers and the Zaino still looks good on these also.

TeeJay

Reaction score
I have had success with Poorboy products. I think that is very good stuff.

One thing I do love about poorboys is how easy it goes on and comes off, but it doesn't last as long as the Zaino. I also think Zaino looks better on a black vehicle than Poorboys, and I'm looking forward to finally getting it on my Island Blue Tahoe

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I really don't understand why no one has mentioned Zymol... When used "as directed" (sorry for cliche), it's the ultimate body finish restorer! I had some serious swirl marks in my paint finish and after using Mother's in the past, Meguiar's NXT on my current vehicle, and other purported "great waxes", I was never really satisfied until I applied Zymol. Zymol brought out the deep deep glossy shine in the finish like no other wax and it's lasted through the winter here in D.C. thus far. Can't wait to put another coat on once the weather breaks, then apply a carnauba, so I can get the best out of my finish! :D

Last edited:

TAHOE22

Reaction score
my dealer offered me a deal called permaseal, it's guaranteed to my satisfaction, and i can get it redone for no charge once a year. at the same time they also did something like a scotch guard on the interior, and that black tar lookin sealant on the undercarriage.

Kaimana

Reaction score
I'm a Zaino guy myself. It just lasts the longest and looks the best. I used to wax my vehicles with Gold Class every 2-3 weeks. Since using Zaino, I do it 2-3 times a year. Works out great cuz I don't have as much free time as I used to, and everytime I wash my car it looks like I just waxed it. Really is a wise choice.