Firewall Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush_84

Reaction score
I actually have 2 questions. First, if I wanted to run power for an amp to the battery, where can I go through the firewall on a 1999 Tahoe?
Second question (long), the reason I want to go through the firewall is I have a leak on my drivers side that I'm not sure where it's coming from. A while ago, I ran this amp power cable from under the back seat, under the carpet, out into the door wiring boot, and i cut a hole in that boot and ran the wire out there to go to the battery. the hole is on the bottom of the boot, so water would have a harder time getting into it, but it still could, I guess. would this little hole in the bottom of the boot cause the carpet on the drivers side to be wet every time it rains, or could there be another problem? (i know i probably shouldn't have wired it that way in the first place)

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should re post in the 1999 tahoe section. Someone there can probally help you better. If I remeber correctly there was a rubber grommet on the same side as the battery. I had a 1999 and I know I went straight back from the battery and through the firewall.

Rush_84

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I will post it over there as well.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, you can just move it with the thread tools menu above your first post.