Fitting 24's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some general mods to make to fit 24's without rubbing issues?

BigBake

Reaction score
I'm not sure what truck your putting them but for my denali it was barely nothing. I went with 305/35/24 tires.....The rim truck shop that installed them had to cut out a little bit of the inside of the back fender wells. I dont know what its called but the black plastic stuff......My front passenger side wheel well has a little warping so it kind of rubs when I cut the wheel completely in drive or cut more than half in reverse.....I need to fix that. If your truck has tire sensors you need to make sure they remove them from your factory wheels and put them on your new set...You may have to buy some new valve stems at the rim shop...mine were $7 each

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LS. I have been reading the forums and 22's appear to fit with no modifications. However, I think I may go with 24's. That's why I was asking. I see a lot of folks viewing but no replies.

BigBake

Reaction score
I had the same problem on this forum when I was trying to decide if I should go 24's....I'm glad I did. I like them alot!

Attachments

• IMG00020.jpg
    IMG00020.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to cut the plastic fender liners, you can use a heat gun and something like a baseball bat as a mandrel to bend them out of the way.