Fixed Tahoe blower motor noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronboc

Reaction score
I just wanted to brag a bit on this weekend's success. :happy160:

Recently bought an '02 Tahoe in great shape, and one of the negotiating points was the loud growl/roar noise from the AC blower. I whined that it would mean tearing the entire dash apart (but I already knew how to fix it), and PO finally agreed on a lesser price.

Dug into it yesterday and found a very long-dead dried-out rat/mouse (hard to tell which it was by now) wrapped around the inside of the fan outer housing.... I'll stop now with the details. Got it all cleaned-out, and NO MORE NOISE!!

I can't imagine what the smell must have been like for the other guy after the thing got in there. And here I was worried if he'd ever smoked in the Tahoe!

ronboc

Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right. Fortunately, I don't come in contact with them that much to know really the difference. I was going by the long tail, in either case.

Do gotta wonder how he got in there in the first place, tho. Could he have gotten in from the outside vent/grilles by the wipers?

Kinda thought at first maybe it was someone playing a trick on the other guy, but that's a heck of a lot of work to remove/replace all that stuff. Easier to just put a fish under the center console, maybe.