flowmaster muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
sounds good and 45 minute install. with the cold air intake also it is a blast 2 drive around the city now.

Danjelo

Reaction score
I agree!
Got a Flowmaster the other day and the sound is great!

Reaction score
no it is not loud in the cab. we put a 4 inch magna flow on our 6.0 in the suburban and it is too loud when towing other than that it sounds good. i would recommend the flowmaster , that is on the 5.3 in the thaoe. sounds just right, but make sure you do a cold air intake at the same time. you will get better gas mileage and it is more enjoyable to drive.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What flowmaster did you go with? I have the FM50SUV on my Tahoe and also on my TBSS. I had a Magnaflow on the Tahoe but had it replaced with the FM50SUV. It's so much better now. The drone of the Magnaflow at 70-75 was unbearable, especially from the 3rd row.

zeokter

Reaction score
40 v.s. 50 suv v.s.70 series??

I'm trying to decide myself. Either 40, 50suv or 70 series. The 70 series is actually the closet in size to the oem muffler so I'm leaning that way, but i really don't like the sound clip of the 70 on the FM site. What made you make the final decision on your mufflers?

-Gonna do some home work before i get it welded in. Id be pissed if i spent $200 and didnt like it.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the forty series dumped.. and it sounds awesome i love it! Real mean and like you said fun in the city!! but people complain a lil when sitting in my backseat.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sound like a noob, but whats dumped? havent seen you in awhile RWayne, how ya been?

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sound like a noob, but whats dumped? havent seen you in awhile RWayne, how ya been?

Well i might just call it that, but i have my stock single pipe going into my dual outlet muffler and then i have two small 90' degree turndown pipes right after they outlet. It could be single outlet too just dumped right after it outlets.

I've been pretty good, I haven't been on much cause I hurt my hand in early jan. But it's better now and i can thouroughly wash my truck again.:yaya:
Just got some new led tails lastnight, and i'm about to go take some new pics. You thinking about a muffler??

Weave

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a new muffler and CAI for my 03 Z71. Just not sure what CAI and also not sure on the muffler. Leaning towards the 40 but cant seem to find any good deals on it. Also what size for the in and out? Any help on links would be appriciated!

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i just want to weld on a new muffler tho, not a full cat back

tah0e02

Reaction score
what is the difference when it says flowmaster 50 series or 70 series ? Does the higher number mean its louder? or what ?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I wanted to look on eBay for one, what part numbers should I look for? Not sure where to start, the local Flowmaster shop wants $400 for a 50 series SUV, installed. I'd rather have a bit more thunder than that.

chaileyk5

Reaction score
if its 400 just for the muffler, you are getting ripped.

i called the local maxi today at lunch, and just replacing the muffler using the rest of the stock pipes, they said $106 plus tax. they are using 40 series.

go to the flowmaster site, punch in your make/model, and find the part numbers. search ebay that way