For the love of god!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3sons66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone out there PLEASE tell me if they've ever changed the high beam bulb (drivers side) on their '15-'18 Tahoe? My hand is just a tad too big to get the cap off. The only way I see as if you remove all 6 bolts on the black plate above the the washer tank, remove the 2 bolts securing the fuse box (which you can't access because of 2 HUGE permanent plugs on each end of the fuse box) and remove the plate. This gets you about another 1-1/2" to get a hold of the cap so you can twist it off. Other than that, it's removal of the entire front bumper cover because of a SINGLE bolt fastening the headlight behind the bumper cover! Ridiculous design!

Any help or people who have experienced this or knows the answer...PLEASE chime in!

SARNCAN

Reaction score
Can anyone out there PLEASE tell me if they've ever changed the high beam bulb (drivers side) on their '15-'18 Tahoe? My hand is just a tad too big to get the cap off. The only way I see as if you remove all 6 bolts on the black plate above the the washer tank, remove the 2 bolts securing the fuse box (which you can't access because of 2 HUGE permanent plugs on each end of the fuse box) and remove the plate. This gets you about another 1-1/2" to get a hold of the cap so you can twist it off. Other than that, it's removal of the entire front bumper cover because of a SINGLE bolt fastening the headlight behind the bumper cover! Ridiculous design!

Any help or people who have experienced this or knows the answer...PLEASE chime in!

No, no need for all of that!
You’re supposed to reach that easily

I did have changed high beam and fog bulbs
The difficult part was with passenger side, not the driver side