Forum Noob from California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Califlyboy23

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a forum rookie but have found the site to be very helpful. I recently bought a 2007 Tahoe LT birch silver basically stock. The first question or opinion, I guess, would be to go black or chrome/billet on various components like rims, grille, bowtie with the vehicle color.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, unfortunately, I'm strickly OEM type of guy, I like it the way is, all original.
david g.............:smiley-face-popcorn

Califlyboy23

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, unfortunately, I'm strickly OEM type of guy, I like it the way is, all original.
david g.............:smiley-face-popcorn

I'm picking up what you're putting down, but I want to set myself apart from the million other Tahoes on the roads.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
I have done a few things to my Tahoe, to make it stand out a little better. I have my bow ties painted green, mud flaps, bug shield & window vent visors. I got rid of the junk stock tires, and put on BFG Rugged Terrain's on. I love them by the way. Oh, yeah, and I have Weather Tech. cargo mat, that fits with the 3rd. row,
I look forward to seeing what you do to yours.

Califlyboy23

Reaction score
:welcome:
I have done a few things to my Tahoe, to make it stand out a little better. I have my bow ties painted green, mud flaps, bug shield & window vent visors. I got rid of the junk stock tires, and put on BFG Rugged Terrain's on. I love them by the way. Oh, yeah, and I have Weather Tech. cargo mat, that fits with the 3rd. row,
I look forward to seeing what you do to yours.

Weather Techs are a must just in due time along with the vent visors. I have the stock CHROME 20s but kinda fond of a blackout. Did you paint your bowtie's or find a replacement or overlay? As for tires I don't know how much I would need a rugged tire considering where I live...no snow n it rarly rains substantially enough to go play in the mud.

Luke Olson

Reaction score
Confused

I feel stupid for asking this but how do I post a new thread

Califlyboy23

Reaction score
How was that process? Thinking about getting rid of the wood grain look on the interrupt pieces. Won't lie rather nervous considering I've never done any of this kind of stuff before.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Chevy dealership did the painting for me. I went to Carquest and picked the paint color I wanted, and they mixed it. It was all ready to go.
GreenBowTie1_zpsccfe363d.jpg

Luke Olson

Reaction score
Bs rear end

Hey guys, I have a 2000 tahoe LT, recently blew my limited slip rear end differential, it happens to have a 9 bolt differential, these are very hard to find and I am looking for either the whole axle or the carrier it's self, preferably in Minnesota and used because brand new a whole axle is 2300 dollars, if you have any ideas or solutions please let me know,
Thanks