Freaking Garage Opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orljustin

Reaction score
Hey,

So, we got the Tahoe today, and are trying to program the homelink. For the life of me/us, I can't get it to link to our garage door opener (rotating). Anyone have a site with tips or suggestions?

Thanks.

oj

car2Usupport

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learCar2U.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It simply does not work with some systems..

like Linear Megacode....

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old 99 volvo cheap system worked with anything I could throw at it. All you had to do was press your program button then hold and press your opener for a few seconds and it was programmed. I dont know why this new system has to be so difficult.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM changed from the old Homelink (which worked with just about all of them) to Lear, and now it seems to work with hardly any of them! Call that Lear customer service # and see if your opener unit is compatible (mine isn't, and many others' aren't either) - if it isn't, they will sell you a "transponder adapter" thingy that will supposedly make it work?

It's a sore subject with a lot of us unfortunately...I refused to pay the extra cost and just use the transponder that the garage door came with. GM probably shaved a few pennies by going to a cheaper system, and now it seems like it sucks...(and this coming from a lifelong GM fan)

imfishintx

Reaction score
Go to your service department and tell them of the problem!! Mine paid for the extra reciever for my garage door opener!! Most should agree that a "universal" system should work Universally!!!:smilielol: