Fuel pump after fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Del you should a fax.

Hope this helps

John
ps
Del make sure you got 4 pages I had to resend one.

Last edited:

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Del that looks familar.

John

I was looking at the part number you sent me and realized that the support information was probably more important, so I found this other version of that TSB.

I also ran across a explaination from another post that described that square connector as having three undersized pins that were too small to carry the current. As it turns out, my 95 should not have the problem, but my 2001 Tahoe probably does.

I think I will wait for warm weather before getting into the 01 fuel tank. :)

I think GM should make more of an effort to get the word out on problems like this that are clearly a design issue.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
Alright we'll see how long this will last. I just now got everything done. I replaced the fuel pump. I also replaced the whole entire pig tail assembly. We'll see what happens from here guys. Thanks for all the advice. Would probably be in some **** 6 feet deep with the old lady.

hoeman

Reaction score
I did mine yesterday on my 99 4 door. New style pump, new pigtail, new fuel filter, new relay, fired right up. Didn't see anything wrong with the old connector, but the other pump was toast. Time will tell.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
one of the connectors had a little condensation in the side walls. Thank you OJustRacing, You know your ****. I'm going to wait until the winter is over before I go and tear everything apart. I might have electrical issues too that I need to take care of. I'm sure I'll be racing through the forum when I start dealing with that bull again. Thank you everyone.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got it fixed to many times people get all in a tizzy and just say to hell with it im getting a new vehicle i know for myself that me and my two door gonna be friends for many years to come its alot cheaper to fix em then buy em .....

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
ha ha funny you say that. I've been close numerous times to getting rid of it. She pisses me off a lot of the time with some of the tedious crap going wrong. Other than this fuel pump issue and some electrical issues, I've kinda tamed a lot of the problems. I just want to wait for the winter to be over before I move ahead with anything else. It's to freakin cold out.