Fuse Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So recently my amp's fuse has blown out, and I've never had to change it before, and it was a 25 A fuse that was blown. I go to Wal-Mart and buy a 25 fuse and put it into my amp, but it blows out the fuse again.

Is there a difference between "25 A" fuse and a "25" fuse?

Can I switch to like a 30 or 35 fuse? Will that solve my problem? Or what could be my problem?

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when does it blow? when you are bumping? how do you have your amp gains set? bassboost on?

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No when I first start the car. When I put my new fuse in I think my bassboost was low, and my gains is on the lowest setting.

DefEddie

Reaction score
You have a short to ground that is pulling more amperage then the circuit is designed to run.
It blows the fuse instead of melting the wire(which is made for the 25 amp max).

One of your power wires is touching ground when you turn the key on and apply power.
Need to check all your circuits for integrity.
Don't put in a bigger fuse,then instead of popping a fuse it will melt the wire,cause a fire and be a dramatic mess :D Don't cover up the problem with snake oil :D

Whichever fuse is popping,follow that wire till you find the break or bad connection/short.
If you can't find anything then a short in the hardware(amp) that it's going to would come into play.

DefEddie

Reaction score
oh yeah,no difference between a 25A or 25 fuse.
The 25 just means the fuse was designed to blow at more than 25 amperage.
One company just decided to put the A on it. Some also say 25@ and 25a.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try my best, but of course I'm not an electrical person. =[