Gas and Oil Additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used this new gas / oil additive Ethos? The websites boasts a 90 cent per gallon savings on gas when using 1oz of this stuff per 10 gallons of gas in your tank. The Al Unser racing team says that they use in their race cars. It's also an EPA registered product. Anyone got any info?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used it but I think I saw it next to the snake oil at AutoZone.

O Dogg

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used this new gas / oil additive Ethos? The websites boasts a 90 cent per gallon savings on gas when using 1oz of this stuff per 10 gallons of gas in your tank. The Al Unser racing team says that they use in their race cars. It's also an EPA registered product. Anyone got any info?

It seems odd to me that they would make claims regarding monetary savings per gallon...wouldn't this fluctuate based on the price, grade and current fuel efficiency of the gas you currently use? It seems to me that their claims would make more sense if expressed in terms of percentages or mpgs...

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember that Tornado that went in by your airfilter? Along with that product, any of these "additives" don't really work after they have sold thousands of them.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In tests on a 2006 Tahoe w/5.3L the Tornado actually hurt fuel economy by about 4% which is not all that much but for a part that is suppose to improve power and economy it certainly does not do what the manufacturer claims on this application.

Oil and fuel additives are typically frowned upon being used by GM with the exception of Techron.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In tests on a 2006 Tahoe w/5.3L the Tornado actually hurt fuel economy by about 4% which is not all that much but for a part that is suppose to improve power and economy it certainly does not do what the manufacturer claims on this application.

Oil and fuel additives are typically frowned upon being used by GM with the exception of Techron.

Yes Yes Yes to everything he said. Oh man you guys, we are very lucky to have this dude in this forum, I've seen his posts elsewhere and he's a wealth of knowledge. Welcome ZX (Dave, right?), and thanks for signing up. This is good.