General Grabber UHP's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hogfan

Reaction score
Anybody know much about these tires. I gotta dealer trying to sell me these tires and I've personally never heard of them. Your 2 cents is appreciated.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably won't get a lot of people that have them on here....I would look at the reviews on Tirerack. From what I have heard...they are a good, middle of the road tire. There wear rating is bit lower compared to it's competition.

msullivan

Reaction score
I have these tires on my gmc sierra and they are good for the first 5k miles then thay just start to ride horrible & they do not balance out very good. I got about 30k miles out of the set that I bought now I am going back to goodyears. Would never buy these tires again.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generals are made in Germany. The Grabber ATS got a good review a while back as far as a general all-terrain tire. That's all I know to add.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had General tires on my older 2002 Tahoe. I gotta say that they were the worst tires I've ever driven on. Terrible balance and were very slippery. Making a turn in a puddle has the potential for disaster (I am not kidding.) I ended up getting a good deal on a Big O' Tire brand that rode WAY BETTER than those ****ty General ones I had. Plus you got all the service and warranty included with the Big O' tire plan.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Running the Grabber UHP in a 305/50R20 size and haven't had an issue with over 2k miles on them. Balancing took another trip to the shop to get one of four in, but it's been good since. Tons of grip with the added width, both wet and dry. Really like the aggressive tread pattern and they're as quite as the OEM Bridgestones, which is surprising for a directional tread pattern. As for General Tire, they're primarily known in the off-road racing community. Overall very happy with the tires thus far.

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Love my grabbers. Have about 8,000 miles and no problems

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most Generals are made by Continental, a very respected tire maker! I had a set of Generals UHP (can't remember the exact model name) on my '04 GTO, and they were great! Way better than the stock BFGs it came with...I have no experience with the Grabbers, but my experience with the General brand has been very good...like you, I had not really heard much at all about them before I considered them, but was happy I made the choice in the end. Didn't hurt that they were very reasonably priced also! :yesnod: