Giving an oldie a new start!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScareyFast63

Reaction score
2002 Tahoe LT, 5.3 Flex engine--114,000 miles , bought by me new. Decided I wanted to keep it after seeing new Tahoe prices with all the whistles and bells at around 80.000$. I am 78 so dont have too many annos left. I love that tahoe. So far no original light bulbs have burned out.

So, had a drag car builder check it out, engine and drive train wise, the engine was clean with min wear, been using mobile 1 since new.

Had him put in the parts I bought on his recommendation, a mild cam, corvette lifters and springs,coils, wires, plugs, exhaust sensors, oil pump and O ring, radiator, hoses, waterpump and thermo housing, belt and tensioners, alternator, with an Airraid intake, DynaFlow 3" exhaust, cat back rebuilt performance transmission, when I get on it in first it lays rubber on first to second shift Ha Ha.

Rebuilt front end. Inner outer tie rods, upper and lower ball joints, stabilizer links front and back, bushings front and back, hub bearing assemblies, Shocks.

All in all I am planning on driving that baby till, well, at 78 how many more years can I drive Ha Ha, still no prob with reaction time and hearing and vision BUT concentration is the main thing, mine is still sharp.

Thanks for reading, just wanted to share my ride.