GM emblem & Debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend just bought an 07 denali and she wants my to take off the GM emblem on the side of the truck (right in front of the denali badge)

Does this emblem leave a hole in the door panel?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend just bought an 07 denali and she wants my to take off the GM emblem on the side of the truck (right in front of the denali badge)

No......

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no not that I know of. It should be all 3M tape holding it on. If you click the pic of my truck below you'll see that I added a door emblem to the rear. I don't know why GMC doesn''t do this from the get go. I've yet to add the chrome "GMC" on the front grill and on the rear to replace the red ones. and the window sill chrome will be added to.

I might also take off the "YUKON" emblem on the rear. Just a thought.

combatcraig

Reaction score
I had to remove the "HEMI" emblems on my truck when I put my fender flares on. I used a hair dryer to "warm up" the emblem then used fishing line in a sawing motion to take it off. You will have glue residue left over but use the hair dryer to heat it up and just rub it off with your fingers. Pretty easy job, just take your time and never use something like a putty knife on your paint.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ibobby, do you happen to live in North Myrtle Beach SC? I was on 27th Ave S on Wednesday afternoon and I swear I saw your truck -- with the GMC on the back... Prolly not, though, I only got a glance of the other truck and didn't notice if it was an XL or not...just saw the Stealth Gray and the chrome GMC deal on the liftgate out my side mirror as I drove by.

De-badging the liftgate and moving the GMC logo to a chrome "upper" is next on my list. Is your chrome piece the Putco one, or from another manufacturer? Looks great man!

Anyone know if there are any holes under the liftgate's Yukon / Yukon XL emblem? I'm assuming not...

Last edited:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ibobby, do you happen to live in North Myrtle Beach SC? I was on 27th Ave S on Wednesday afternoon and I swear I saw your truck -- with the GMC on the back... Prolly not, though, I only got a glance of the other truck and didn't notice if it was an XL or not...

De-badging the liftgate and moving the GMC logo to a chrome "upper" is next on my list. Is your chrome piece the Putco one, or from another manufacturer? Looks great man!

Anyone know if there are any holes under the liftgate's Yukon / Yukon XL emblem? I'm assuming not...

WOw... I just PM'ed about the chrome front bumper emblem.
No..I'm a long way from there.

no. all the emblems are just put on with 3M tape. I ordered the chrome tailgate plate and the mirror chrome from Fender World. They also carry the window sill chrome. I just found it easy to get a Denali logo from the dealer. I just removed/relocated the "GMC", added the "DENALI".

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously thought about that for mine. But, I paid some extra $$$$ for these perfectly good factory-installed Denali logos; I'll keep 'em (yeah, I guess I'm a tad vain). :D To each his/her own, right? ;)

combatcraig

Reaction score
I put the putco cover on my tailgate glass. I had to go buy some thicker 3m tape because it would not stick to the plastic pad with the tape that came on it.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the chrome window sill strips on mine and also took off the Yukon badge off of my tailgate and replaced it with a Denali badge. And I also put the chrome piece on the tailgate where the Escalade has theirs and the Stealth Gray Denali on here, looks good.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the chrome window sill strips on mine and also took off the Yukon badge off of my tailgate and replaced it with a Denali badge. And I also put the chrome piece on the tailgate where the Escalade has theirs and the Stealth Gray Denali on here, looks good.

can you post pics of the installed window sill chrome? I'd like to see how it looks.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WS47184-Yukon-2.jpg

http://www.shopsar.com/v/vspfiles/photos/WS47184-Yukon-2.jpg

and

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=5914

Last edited: