gm molded trailer hitch closeout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyforever

Reaction score
I just got my cover in the mail yesterday. Looking at the instructions quickly does the bracket that is included get attached to the bottom of the bumper? So the drilled holes will be on the very bottom?

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my cover in the mail yesterday. Looking at the instructions quickly does the bracket that is included get attached to the bottom of the bumper? So the drilled holes will be on the very bottom?

No, it gets attached to the inside of the hitch opening in the bumper. I admit, the instructions suck, but spend a little time with it and you'll figure it out.

Chevyforever

Reaction score
Your right the instructions are bad, I will try to figure it out. If you have a photo of the bracket attached I would appreciate it. I want to make sure I have this thing 100% in place before I drill anything. thanks

donh

Reaction score
Installed my hitch cover today

Hi everyone. I have been following the forum for a few weeks, after getting my new 2008 Suburban. I installed my GM molded hitch cover today and it does look good. I agree with the comments on the instructions, not very good.

Couple of questions. It seems to fit real well and very snug and secure. But do ever they ever just work them self loose and fall off. The little quarter turn clips at the bottom seem pretty weak. What about someone stealing these things. With a good razor knife you could cut the 3 push pin clips on the bracket and have the entire assembly ready to sell on ebay.

Thanks a lot, I enjoy the forum.

Don

2008 Suburban, silver birch

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is like johnebgoode's only in black. It literally only takes seconds to remove when you want to use the hitch.

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 78

Chevyforever

Reaction score
I have had mine on for a few months now and no problems with the botton nuts coming loose. I'm pleased with the product so far.

Mary900- It looks like you have some nice chrome appearance add ons for the rear tailgate. I have been loooking at buying the piece that goes over the emblem area. You also have a piece that is on the bumper strip, where did you find that

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is another PIX of one on mine.

suburban012.jpg

drmason1

Reaction score
Link

my opinion is that the oem one is ugly here is the one i like looks alot smoother plus it plugs directly into the receiver and they are 110 painted

Please provide a link to the site.....it looks nice and the factory one is kind of flimsy.

Thanks

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevyforever - the way the light reflects in my picture is deceiving because I have no chrome anything on the body of my Tahoe. Everything is black.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the oem is fugly and boxey looking. I went with the Street Scene hitch cover. Would have liked to just get a Denali bumper that was alittle pricey.

Cover is getting painted right now. I will have it back in a day or two and will post up some pictures.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the oem is fugly and boxey looking. I went with the Street Scene hitch cover. Would have liked to just get a Denali bumper that was alittle pricey.

Cover is getting painted right now. I will have it back in a day or two and will post up some pictures.

I totally agree... did you get yours directly from streetscene or elswhere? What does it cost and what was the quote on having it painted?

This is how it should have been delivered from the factory...

950-01005.jpg

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my from stylintrucks (they are also a site sponsor). I found a coupon code online which made it alittle cheap, don't recall the price right now.

As for paint, I can't give you a clear anwser on that because I am have a bunch of stuff painted and it is getting done by a friend of a friend.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my from stylintrucks (they are also a site sponsor). I found a coupon code online which made it alittle cheap, don't recall the price right now.

As for paint, I can't give you a clear anwser on that because I am have a bunch of stuff painted and it is getting done by a friend of a friend.

Thanks for the info. Could you PM me the coupon code you used? I know it's being painted, but is the fit and finish as good as it looks?

tincort

Reaction score
hello jazejeff, hope you can help. i had the black hitch cover, but an accident destroyed it. i am in the market for a new one. i've tried looking it up at custom creations, but i couldn't locate it. can you advise on the site where i could buy it?
thanks
tincort

vipergts2000

Reaction score
my opinion is that the oem one is ugly here is the one i like looks alot smoother plus it plugs directly into the receiver and they are 110 painted

I would love to have one of these in Diamond white. I could not locate them on the site. Can you PM me or post the link on here?

sodell

Reaction score
by the way folks, i did business with JEFF above at Custom Creations on a hitch closeout that snaps into the receiver. his team painted my closeout gold mist to match my vehichle, shipped it to me from Cal to KCMO and it looks great. Thanks JEFF...et al, a good guy to do business with.

tb08

Reaction score
Newbie here..
First off, great forum! I have just purchased my first Yukon and have the hitch cover here in a box. You folks are right, terrible directions!!
Could someone post up a pic of the cover open/off? I want to make sure I have it right before drilling or applying 2 sided tape.

Cheers!