GM Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was in for a front end squeaking problem, and they indicated that the recall needs to be completed. For now they pulled the fuse and the new wiring harness is back ordered until November...

rward70

Reaction score
Question

Is this an engine compartment fire? I posted a problem today under "electrical problems?"; the radio cover/cd/trim bubbled up and deformed, the dealer said it was not caused by any problem with the Tahoe but an external heat source (not possible), and now I am scared to park in my garage. Just wondering if could be a connection- I am stumped.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's in getting done today with some other work. I use this feature quite often, even in the summer. Seems it's quite effective at "supercharging" the wiper fluid to get rid of bug guts / bird crap / etc... I'd rather not burn down my house tho, so yeah, I'm happy to have this crossed of my list! I sure hope they have the parts so I don't have to go back.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so mine's done. Does the wiring harness disable this feature? It seems as if 1) the wipers move somewhat more slowly (I could be imagining this), and 2) I'm not noticing the "heat" in the heated fluid.

Anyone here know what exactly the new wiring harness does? I'll go back and read some other posts too...

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new harness has a fuse for the heater in it. System should still operate as before w/o the flames.