GMT900 Backup / Reverse Lights - LEDs or HID?

What type of reverse lights do you run?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pakiarab

Reaction score
nice work... i am also plannin to install LEDs in tail lights.....so keep it up dude..

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many watts should i look for... i am looking now it pushes 35 watts ?

F360

Reaction score
I dont think your bulbs are bad.. did you change your fuse as i told you? look at that.. HID bulbs should not go bad that fast.. specialy both at the same time..

which fuse should i change?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it did work for 2 days and after that its not working

If you are refering to you the HID reverse lights, you will need to check the reverse light fuse, which if I remember is fuse 15 (pull your owner's manual out to confirm). The factory fuse is 10v, I upgraded mine to 15v and havent have problems since (knock on wood).

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the 15v fuse would 55w h11 hids for the reverse lights be ok?

thanks!

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the 15v fuse would 55w h11 hids for the reverse lights be ok?

thanks!

Not sure. Me and Laredo have a 35w H11 kit. Mine worked for 9 days before it blew. He did tell me he went 20v or 25v but I went 15v b/c I wanted a fuse in there that would still blow if something went wrong. I and the autoparts store felt that 20+v might not blow. He advised me he has had the mod for over a year and no probs. so if a 15v doesn't work try the 20v.

F360

Reaction score
If you are refering to you the HID reverse lights, you will need to check the reverse light fuse, which if I remember is fuse 15 (pull your owner's manual out to confirm). The factory fuse is 10v, I upgraded mine to 15v and havent have problems since (knock on wood).

Thanks, i will change it to 15v

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey -- question: You guys keep sayin' "10v" or "15v". Aren't fuse capacities measured in Amps? I'm assuming you meant you will install a 15A fuse, right?

F360

Reaction score
Hey -- question: You guys keep sayin' "10v" or "15v". Aren't fuse capacities measured in Amps? I'm assuming you meant you will install a 15A fuse, right?

Thanks for the correction

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put HID's for my backup lights. The Ruby Red IPCW LED's and the 6000k HID's look amazing together. 6000k headlights, fogs and backups is a good combination.
I had my dealer swap my fuse with a 15v(a) as well. Thanks to Laredo for his write up.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put HID's for my backup lights. The Ruby Red IPCW LED's and the 6000k HID's look amazing together. 6000k headlights, fogs and backups is a good combination.
I had my dealer swap my fuse with a 15v(a) as well. Thanks to Laredo for his write up.

:thumbsup:

dezgrindhard

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what bulb is closest in size and shape to a 3157? Im new to the forum and im trying to do the reverse light mod i have a 02 HOE

Bassplayer4God

Reaction score
I'm new on here, but just seen the HID in reverse lights and that is some awesome pics. I have the back up camera and I put some LEDs but not as bright as I thought they would be, i need brighter since i got limo tint and can't see any thing with the LEDs at night when i back up. Thinking HIDs would be nice.