God saved my life today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scomo

Reaction score
I'm driving on the freeway, headed back to work from lunch. As I make a turn that I've made 500 times before I see a wreck ahead of me no more than 50 yards away. There's a car beside me and I'm in the inside lane, so there's no where to go. I slam on the brakes and feel the traction system kick in, keeping the tires from locking up. Luckily the car beside me veers the lane to his right far lane enough for me to miss the wreck by 6" or so. It could have been a terrible accident - Thank God for traction control. I'm lucky to drive a Tahoe. It helped save my life today.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why we drive these things, I had a similer exprence though less dramatic, today in a rain storm, This 6500 pound suv can stop like no other.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm driving on the freeway, headed back to work from lunch. As I make a turn that I've made 500 times before I see a wreck ahead of me no more than 50 yards away. There's a car beside me and I'm in the inside lane, so there's no where to go. I slam on the brakes and feel the traction system kick in, keeping the tires from locking up. Luckily the car beside me veers the lane to his right far lane enough for me to miss the wreck by 6" or so. It could have been a terrible accident - Thank God for traction control. I'm lucky to drive a Tahoe. It helped save my life today.

Stabilitrak has saved my a$$ quite a few times in bad weather. It's always reassuring when you see an accident with a Tahoe/Yukon involved, they sustain far less damage than the other vehicles, letting the driver walk away from the wreck.