Grinding Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kredfearn

Reaction score
Need some help here!!! I have a grinding noise that just started yesterday coming back from a trip to Galveston. Had no problems on the trip down. On the trip back we got about 20 miles from home when it started. Did it twice on the interstate for a short time then stopped. Got off on our exit and it did it continuously until we parked at the house. Kind of sounds like when you driving over a bridge that has the metal grates. Any ideas on what it might be??

kredfearn

Reaction score
Checked things out yesterday after work and it was the front passenger side bearing. Drivers side was OK but I'm going to change both just to be safe.

kredfearn

Reaction score
Parts ordered and should be in on the 19th. First time working on a Tahoe so are there any tips, tricks or anything I should made be aware of when replacing the hub assemblies?? BTW mine is the 07 Tahoe LTZ.

dude5x

Reaction score
Just did my 07 Tahoe yesterday and I highly recommend using a air impact which I didn't have. Took me around 4 hours without and ended up heating the bolts to even get them broke loose since they have lock tight on them.

kredfearn

Reaction score
I had to take mine to the shop to have the axle nuts broke loose. Cost $60 for 5 minute job but it was well worth it!