Havnt heard from me in a while huh??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey General, i really have no experience in flat blacks.. my buddy did his cutty in flatblack and it looked like hell.. he used a flatblack primer, that could be just that he doesnt know how to paint and didnt use a clear, but i know SEM is got some stuff out, and something called Hot Rodz black too ive seen a the paint store. do you have any experience in painting? kinda a hard task. buying the gun, air compressor, lines, filters, sticks, reducers, clears, activators, tape, paper, sandpaper!, theres alot in that group

edit mroe to add: um good masking job is key in a paint job, taking off stuff to get behind is key to good paint job, like take off your grille, take off doors if possible, remove weatherstripping, go over 400 grit and above sandpaper before you paint it, tact everything down before your going to paint it, wax and grease remover before you paint, dont RUSH!

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol sooo much work. I have never painted a car or anything in length like that. I mean, I spray painted stuff before, but this is a whole different world haha. I don't think I want a straight primer black, probably more of a base-coat black, ya know, with just a hint of shine to it. No one ever does that to these trucks (except that kid that posted pictures of his flat black yukon the other day... funny coincidence isn't it?) plus I plan on making my truck into a hotrod and flat black is a classic hotrod look. I was actually thinking of adding just a little zing to it, and when I have the hood all sanded and primed, maybe spray a couple coats of gloss red down the middle of the hood, tape out some racing stripes, then paint the whole thing black. I dunno, I wonder if doing this would get me in way over my head. I could see it turning into a complete nightmare, but it's als a fortune to have this stuff done right isn't it?

PS: 1999HOE, thanks for the compliment =). If you could have anyone paint your trucks, I should be the last person you choose haha.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that would look pretty sweet, the flatblack and red look to it.. i mean by the time you buy all those things youll need to spray your truck itll cost like 1500 bucks (est).. Umm idk usually u can get a whole paint job for what like 2 grand??? beats me, never gotten one done before, i do it myself...... or take it to a technical program ; ) haha. some places do good work, the one i go to my teacher doesnt give a sh*t what rolls out of there.. But yea man i checked your hoe out the other day on cardomain. looks nice, i like the headers u bought. im interested in buying some, but i think im just guna do truedual instead of the Ypipe thing.. i gotta question tho on your motor when u get a sec..

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well if it really costs that much jeez I may as well get some quotes for a paint job haha. It would probably look a lot better and be done a hell of a lot faster than my job would. I always liked the look of a matte color with gloss accents.

You don't need to Y-pipe if you get headers. Headers are just a high flow/high performance replacement for your stock exhaust manifold. I'm putting these headers on my new engine when it's done and I assemble it, but I'm getting rid of the Y-pipe and just making two seperate exhaust pipes that go straight from each header back and out the sides before the rear tires.

Any questions you have feel free to message me or hit me up on any of the chat protocols. Or you can ask in here... it is your thread hehe.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thanks man.. yea it might be the best bet for you tho to get it done "professionally" no offense, but u know u wouldnt want to waste money if u never picked up a gun before..

Ight well on my truck since its the same as yours (95), i have a quick question on a motor connector in the engine bay.. and well another for a vacumm line, heres your pic and i circled the line that i need help with. I know where it goes, but like i have to have 2 different sizes to get it working.. idk here take a look..

heres how i got mine to work, see using 2 different size vacumm tubing

my other question is i have this connector actaully right behind like your air intake, and its about 2 inches long, umm i believe it has 5 prong openings, i dont have a pic off hand but ill get one tomorrow, question it, i have NO idea where the hell to plug it in at.... ( my motor came out of a 92K5blazer that was rebuilt) so the motor isnt the exact same year, buttt the wiring harness is still 95.. ill get you a pic tomorrow

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't make out your picture at all. It's too small and blurry haha, but what are you asking? You asking what the line is for? Judging from where it is it looks like it's some kind of vacuum line for the AC controller or something.

As for that connector, I would have to see it. chances are that the TBI unit in a 1995 engine and the TBI unit in a 1992 engine are different, so the 1995 wiring harness may have a couple more connectors who knows. It's very possible.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm first question.... It looks like your vacuum line is 1 size, mine is 2. how is that possible.. the circle in the circle on my pic is just telling you have a an adapter from like 1/8" to 1/4"..... like how is mine 2 sizes but yours is one?? could i be plugging it in a wrong place??

Ill get the picture to you tomorrow to see what the hell it goes too.. about that connector thing

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you said that the engine came out of a different truck. Maybe the two vacuum lines were different and whoever put the engine in mickey-moused it. If the AC works and there is no problem with how the engine runs, then I would say don't worry about it haha.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!

I HATE YOU!

Not only do you have one of my dream cars...YOU HAVE TWO! I <3 79 Trans Ams. What beautiful cars. I <3 the shaker hood and the STOCK 6.6L engine that comes in it!
For some reason I thought you were DIY guy in your garage...How long you've been in business...I also thought you were young too. Correct me if I'm wrong..but I remeber you mentioning you wanted to do your motor over when you go to Wyotech?
Either man...livin the dream...livin the dream!

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
falcon how you gonna take such a nice picture and make it an avatar that no one can make out lol

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!

I HATE YOU!

Not only do you have one of my dream cars...YOU HAVE TWO! I <3 79 Trans Ams. What beautiful cars. I <3 the shaker hood and the STOCK 6.6L engine that comes in it!
For some reason I thought you were DIY guy in your garage...How long you've been in business...I also thought you were young too. Correct me if I'm wrong..but I remeber you mentioning you wanted to do your motor over when you go to Wyotech?
Either man...livin the dream...livin the dream!

whats the other car thats your dream car??? umm well i have 1 blue+white 1979 trans am with a stock 400 in it then i have a 80 black+gold trans am with a BUILT 408 (ithink it is now) thats this (alot has changed to this motor since then but its the basic)
Um well yea im young... lol 18.... im going to wyotech this September.. ill be doing my tahoe motor during then..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oo and im not really in business.. i have a shop where I do all my work. Paint, mechanical, bodywork, dirtbikes galore, gokarts, anything.. i own a shop about 2500 square feet. customers cars in there too. like a 50s ratrod pickup truck, both trans ams getting restored, my hoe was in there for a while... i do everything.. we dont like go out advertising the business, just family friends and such that come to us.. we got a couple lifts and sh*t..... it keeps the family out of trouble.. we have tons of guns in there too.. haha.. my capri is in there.. our 2001 and 2002 formula and transam... lambo contach 5000... chrysler airflow, lasalle. delorean. Hudson cars, 57 caddy, lincoln continental, theres so many more too i cant thikn of..

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oo and im not really in business.. i have a shop where I do all my work. Paint, mechanical, bodywork, dirtbikes galore, gokarts, anything.. i own a shop about 2500 square feet. customers cars in there too. like a 50s ratrod pickup truck, both trans ams getting restored, my hoe was in there for a while... i do everything.. we dont like go out advertising the business, just family friends and such that come to us.. we got a couple lifts and sh*t..... it keeps the family out of trouble.. we have tons of guns in there too.. haha.. my capri is in there.. our 2001 and 2002 formula and transam... lambo contach 5000... chrysler airflow, lasalle. delorean. Hudson cars, 57 caddy, lincoln continental, theres so many more too i cant thikn of..

PPPPRRRROOOOOVVVEEEEE IT! I want pics! LIKE YESTERDAY!

howd you learn your craft? Cool family...can I join?:999:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
falcon how you gonna take such a nice picture and make it an avatar that no one can make out lol

Go out and meet girls...you'll build up tons of pics like these.
Plus chicks dig my Hoe! They know I crave black...they try to take full advantage of it!

#1 reason why I love skool...I hope theres a few wrench turnin hotties there for ya SAS!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ight man ill getcha the pics tonite sometime. i gotta go to work right now.. but ill getcha some.. I f*cking hope so man, there isnt a chick in my city right now that likes cars.. thats exactly what i need so then she'll approve of blowing money into cars.. lol

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's looking killer.can't wait to see with the new rims!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's looking killer.can't wait to see with the new rims!

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol: :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

did u see the pics with the limited rims?? yea those are the new ones, sorry i didnt go chromenegrodomiss rims..

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sas, you can still get Chromies...If I were you I'd flip the limited rims or strip em down and Paint em! Sick pair of winter rims.

On craigslist theres killer deals here in NY for rims.

You have 2 69 T/A. There, I want one in black, red, and silver : ). Those cars with a front lip spoiler is PURE SEX. Cruisin Ride is will Lincoln Vert wit Suicide doors!

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i missed the new limited rim pics,i think they look great,i'm not a big fan of crome either like you had said before.did i see your only 18?i for some reason thought you were older,damn i got kids your age!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe ill get some chrome ones for WINTER>> lol.. na i dont drive it in the winter..
Yepp im only 18.. 3 cars and going to college at wyotech in sept. that aitn to shabby is it? i dont get any money from my parents, or family. i work to get what i want and pay for everything. if you know how to use and spend your money and have a well paying job in life, theres not much more to ask for. Our whole life is depending on money....