Headlight Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

Reaction score
I just installed some projector headlights. I like the way they look, but the output, to me, is better when the highs are on as well. how would I wire the lights so that the highs are on as well as the projectors? Or do you guys think this is a bad ideaa?

mikemjohnson

Reaction score
I just installed some projector headlights. I like the way they look, but the output, to me, is better when the highs are on as well. how would I wire the lights so that the highs are on as well as the projectors? Or do you guys think this is a bad ideaa?
they make a modification called the '4-high mod' hat it so the highs are on alongside the lowbeams, and has a switch to switch between the mod and normal operation. google it you should find it

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could be cheap like I was here, I got a 50amp diode from radio shack, and put them on the low and high relay. Look at your fuse box cover for the low and high relays, when you find them, Stick one end of the diode in the 85 of the low beam relay and the other end (grey band should face passenger side of truck) in the 85 part of the highbeam relay. The 85 part is the right bottom corner on both relays. I have done this and its fantastic. You could go one further and do the same thing to the fogs, I did, but its a PITA to jam 2 diode ends in the highbeam relays. If you need more help, I can put pics up.

chevytech03

Reaction score
Another and i think easier way is to install the diodes at the body control module connector C2. located just below the steering column , here is the circuits and connector info.

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Connector Part Information.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 7

Huck

Reaction score
Rolling Thunder, are you sure you meant 50 amp diode? I'm not an expert, but I've never heard of diodes being more than maybe 3 amps. 50 amp fuse?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rolling Thunder, are you sure you meant 50 amp diode? I'm not an expert, but I've never heard of diodes being more than maybe 3 amps. 50 amp fuse?

IM sorry 3 amp 50 volt diodes. Let me go take those pics for you. They come in two packs at radio shack for like 3 bucks.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also JUST installed projectors and I also like the way that they look HOWEVER they are pointing toward the ground. I have tired to adjust the long ass screw sticking up off the back but it doesnt seem to work all it does is turn the light in or out not up and down. The only thing that I can think of is actually adjusting the projector itself. Any help?

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l_fd45922001044a51915a721729d6c58e.jpg

Maybe this pic will work.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get them anyware. Ebay, but some of those are real cheap and not really projectors. Just a reflector with a glass cover. When I had my 06 I had denali projectors. But those will only work with a yukon, front end of a tahoe is different. TYC has very good projectors that are true projectors with glass lenses. Go to AUTOANYTHING.COM and click headlights, and enter your vehicle info. Had awsome luck with them. I dont reccommend the ebay ones cause I found that with out HIDS that my light output actully went to about half. In distance. Had much more side vision but horrible beam paddern and distance vision. With the Denali ones it was awsome. My buddy had a TYC system on his 04 yukon and those were incredible. Even light paddern with no hotspots.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can mod a standard projector housing with HID projectors if you have the time and the money. You can get more output and better lighting with doing it this way. PM me for ideas, I know a lot about projectors, I will be doing a conversion in the next couple of months, just working on the fine details of what projectors to use, up in the air right now is the RX330 Lexus projectors, they are completely sealed up so you will not loose any light and a clear lense swap out for a cleaner cutoff line and more color than your eyes have ever seen.

gmc-yukon

Reaction score
projector headlight ajustment

2001yuke,

I'm not sure which projectors you have,but on mine if you look on the bottom there is a silver knob that has two arrows on it and that will move your lights up and down. And the one on the top moves it from left to right.

Hope that helps.