heat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anson

Reaction score
Having issues with my heat whenever the temperature drops below 10 degrees outside. I would start my car in the morning, and let it run for about 20 mins hoping ill be getting into a warm car, but no luck. The heat will kick in a few minutes after I begin driving. This morning it was -11 outside the heat took a good 10 min to kick in while driving, but after a half hour of driving I got a message saying to "check coolant temp" I looked at my gauge and it was almost to high. I quickly pulled over and shut off car. I got out and checked my coolant, and it seemed that it was rather higher than usual in the reservoir. I felt the hose that runs to the radiator it felt hot, but I notice where it connected to the radiator it felt cold. After 5 mins I started the car again hoping I can make it to my destination before it overheats, I was only a couple blocks away. The gauge went all the way up to high, but while pulling out the parking lot within a few seconds the gauge dropped to where it should be. Got to my destination I checked my coolant level again, and it was back to normal level. I checked the hose and it felt all the way hot even where it felt cold the first time. Im so confused about this, as to why it happens when super cold outside. Any ideas?