Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralf

Reaction score
The driver's side heater of my wife's '04 comes on for a few seconds then shuts off, any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!

JdSwiper

Reaction score
Mine does the same. Also the drivers side. Once last week the back stayed on but bottom never came on

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that only happens on the driver's side, then there's an issue with the heating element on the seat portion, or backrest. If the passenger side will still come on, (usually the good side will still heat at a lower setting, but not full blast) then it's not a fuse, since it's powering on. You can purchase replacement heating elements online, and do it yourself if you watch some of the videos available. My Escalade has a bad driver's side seat heater, but the passenger still works, so I'm not going to fix it just yet. As long as my wife has her seat warm, on the passenger side, we're good to go. Sunny N. California weather doesn't usually require the winter package anyway.