Hello Hoe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTTahoeCA

Reaction score
Lol, I'm a new to me owner of a 2002 Tahoe Lt. And it's a beast! I bought it pretty cheap at a cost of my own labour and money. Not so bad, I got this 5.7 with 280 000 Kms. In my books thats a lot! Everyone says it's worth a dollar, well i couldn't find one cert/emissioned for under 5 grand. So I took a gamble on what some would call a beater. I have heard many stories of friends with this engine and tranny etc getting 400K so I said sure lets spend a little on a fixer upper. Well for 1400 bucks, I had my Hoe dropped off at my house, and the outdoor work began to get it running good again, and well i did just that in a few weeks of labour, my greatest foe was this check engine light SES, cylinder 1 misfire, running lean bank two. Obvious to me O2 sensors need some TLC, replace them, and all new plugs and wires... STill have 301 code.. reset, comes back on... hmm a week goes by, I read and read and researched and finally did the intake gasket.. phew okay now this is the problem.. well fired it up and 10 seconds later p0301 code.. impossible in my opinion, checked compression 150 psi, vacuum leak tests, spark leakage, injector cleaned tested, everything is working perfectly fine, test voltages, swapped coil packs, got new coil packs, not a broken or bent valve or sticky valve, or broken valve spring and so on and so on.... I finally came to a solution, that solved my P0301 misfire code and it may save you some troubleshooting or dealership visits.. I learned by process of elimination, well only thing left for me to do is find a pair of reasonably priced electronic suspension shock absorbers, ACdelco says 749 each! what for 12 year old technology, can you imagine buying a Nokia 43b cell phone for 600 bucks today.. Anywho, if you have spares or contacts that can ship to canada, i'd be willing to pay reasonable prices.. I would just like to restore the original ride or better.. I see there are the Monroe 40044 specialty shocks out there, but the Arnott's bypass, so i don't want those kind.