Hello!! My Tahoe needs help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christine777

Reaction score
1995 / 5.7L V8 4X4 / Will Not Start!!
Hey all... hoping someone can help me figure out why my Tahoe wont start!! Fuel is not getting to the injectors!! Replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, new relay, oil pressure switch, cleaned throttle body, rebuilt fuel pressure regulator as well as put new cap n rotor, plugs n wires, replaced pigtail to idle air control & cleaned out the egr. The truck worked for about 5 days after replacing fuel pump, fuek filter, plugs n wires & cap n rotors... then while driving just shot off n hasn't moved since. Found the pressure regulator was filled w gas & this thicker black liquid... not sure what that was... which is why I cleaned the throttle body. Injectors look good, put new screens & o-rings on. Any ideas what else to try??? Help!!

warf1955

Reaction score
possible problem fix

:welcome:

Check your wiring harness real good. Had mine shut down on interstate, replaced everything but fuel pump. Was suggested to me to check wireing harness. Jacked the Tahoe up and started to check harness. Then got called into work. Brother stated checking at engine, got a call from him. He said that the harness had got agents the manifold and had melted the shielding around one of the wiring lines and it had grounded the wire out . He fixed it and when he started the engine it fired up, on first try . That has been 5 months ago and no problems since.