Hello, new Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a new Tahoe owner, been looking for one for several months then outta no where my literal dream truck came avail, drove 4 hours to buy it! It's a 1998 2dr, black with grey leather interior, rebuilt motor, rebuilt trans from jasper engines and transmissions, and new transfer case. Interior has no rips tears or stains and the exterior looks new except for one door ding above the rear wheel :( got it (I mean stole it) for $4500!!! Super excited.

One thing I didn't think of is the rarity of these 2drs... Parts are hard to find!

Two things need to be done, new fuel sending unit/pump, and a trim nut that holds the jack from moving around. Fuel pump unit wasn't hard to find just pricey, but the trim nut I can't find even from dealer.... They say part is discontinued and isn't avail within several hundred miles from me... So I'm turning to you guys to see if there is one avail in your area salvage yards, I have 5 around me and only one 2dr and its already been picked. The color doesn't really matter since I can have it painted to match mine, just need it to fit.

Below if it works is the cover where it goes, I have searched the Internet with no luck via gmparts, rock auto, lmc, etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also check www.newgmparts.com
for the nut for $5 Go to "body hardware, quarter panel, interior trim, jack cover " Item #9

I purchased my pump off amazon.com after looking up a part# on rockauto.com....

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lester, thank you so much... I found the nut and ordered it.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got email today from newgmparts the part I ordered has been discontinued and will never be avail again through them, got same email from two other websites and same news from dealer... I guess I'll never get the part... :(