HELP!!! Any Advice Gladly Taken!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is the situation:

My truck (2001 Chevy Tahoe) has been acting a little strange lately

I've noticed that recently when I start accelerating from a stop, the car tends to shake a little....

I also observed that sometimes the gears tend to switch somewhat late, like it'll try to shift from 1st to 2nd, and it feels like 1st releases and 2nd comes in a tad bit late...

Also, when I am driving along the freeway, it tends to shake a little as well when I seem to reach higher speeds than on the road.....

Lastly, I noticed that when I seem to turn off the truck, 10-15 seconds later, my exhaust or something around it seems to make a little popping sound...

Now, I am aware that I might have a dying transmission here, but I was wondering if there was any possibility that something else (preferably less expensive) was the case?!?!?!?

Maybe a bad 02 Sensor? A bad injector? Maybe a bad catalyctic? IDK, just anything that would be relative to these symptoms?

HELP WANTED PLEASE!!!

u2nv

Reaction score
When was the last tune up? Air, fuel, plugs, wires n such. May just be a miss fire. If check eng light is on scann that for codes. also clean mass air flow sensor and redrive. How many miles? When was the last time you serviced tranny fluid and filter?

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had a tune-up done a few weeks ago....the thing is...I'm not sure whether the guy flushed the tranny or just replaced the fluid....I've been reading that flushing it tends to break your tranny......also, I am not so sure he changed the filter, could just hopefully be that....I'm going to have the tranny checked out to see if anything is needing replacement on the outside.....hopefully it's something besides the tranny rebuild....

And it's not ALWAYS acting up or misfiring.....it seems to happen mostly when I have the A/C on....

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a flush and cables and pluggs to see if that will work// do either at a time that way you dont do both for no reason if neither of it is it.

u2nv

Reaction score
well keep us informed but when you say only when ac is on it could just be ac clutch cycleing or causeing miss to be worse with load on motor or over heating causeing fan clutch to be engaged causen more load just other thoughts but could still be in tranny as well