Help Im drowing here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

res2cue

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, new to the forum here. I recently purchased a 97 Hoe with the "Rear Barn Doors" and my first questions is,
Where the heck is the water coming from in the rear? :flame:
Every time it rains I find that the right(looking in from the back) side of the carpet is completely soaked, roughly 2/3's of the way in. The head liner is dry and I cant find any signs of water entering from the top door seals or from around the rear side windows.
I did pull up the carpet and removed the padding that's was underneath.
Really thinking about hitting every seam under the carpet with some sort of sealer but looking for any help.
Thanks

res2cue

Reaction score
It seems to be worst when I'm driving! I'm leaning towards the wheel well seam or the tie down points on the floor

lestat0669

Reaction score
check the gasket around the doors, I had the same problem. I replace my weather strip and so far so good. You can do what a buddy of mine did get some weather strip from homedepot, the one you use for interior doors and add some extra cushion around the original weatherstrip. Apparently the extra cushion keeps a tighter seal.

clkelley

Reaction score
Something else you can do is fix the door seals that are there. They usually begin to leak in the top corners. Inside those seals they have a "wire mesh" to hold their form and over time they begin to lose their form. Remove the seal and "crimp" the channel that holds onto the metal in the jam and before you reinstall the seal, put some kind of seam sealer in the channel that slides onto the metal. (sealer similar to windshield sealer or something to that effect.) Once installed with the sealer, secure with duct tape overnight and everything should seal right up and you shouldn't have issues anylonger.

This fix is a lot less expensive than replacing the seals, especially when the old seals in most cases aare not truly worn out, just out of "adjustment" so to speak.