Help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GPChief

Reaction score
I am currently depoyed in Iraq and have obtained a 1994 GMC Suburban. Got it running but am having some electrical issues (mainly the hvac controlls stay on 24/7) looking under the dash the wiring is a virtural maze of different wires from extension cord wire to speaker wire spliced and respliced. Does anyone have a 1994 GMC suburban wiring scematic for the dash / hvac controls? if you could scan it and send to my e-mail that would be great. PM me for e-mail.

Or if there is a site with schematics online I could get that would be just as good

Thanks!!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GP, nice to see you in herre again. I cant help you with the scematic, but I think someone can. Tom might have the alldata, and Ill also ask Jiminey.

thanks for your service, come home safe and soon.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jim said he would look and give it to me if he can get it from work. Ill post it here in .pdf if he does come thru.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GP. i have attained the schematic from Jiminey. I will scan it and post it here. its 2 pages and youll have to print them and tape them together for it to make sense.
I just have to do it tomorrow from work.
sorry for the delay.

GPChief

Reaction score
Treepete,

All I've got is time......Thanks for the help, I'll try to take some pics of this mess, US spec vehicle 240K before the speedo broke!

Thomas

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thomas, again, thanks for your service. I think about Iraq every day and I watch the crappy US news coverage. Actually since there isnt much Iraq news, except the IPs "get out in 2011" decision thats comin up for a vote, the mainstream media doesnt talk about it. So it must be going great if they have no reason to bash you guys or our leadership there.
that said, this is the schematic Jiminey brought me from his work last night.

I hope it is helpful for you in diagnosing your problem.
and while I have you,
how exactly did you score a 94 suburban in Iraq? and if its hot there all the time, would that explain the wiring upgrade to the air conditioner unit? ir is the whole underside of the dash a mess?
LMK if you need more than this, or something different, we'll all try to help you.
thanks again,
Pete

Last edited:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so .pdf doesnt work here.
lemme try to convert this and upload it as somthing else. onesec..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok try this. I also PMd you for real copies to your email.

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 21
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 8

GPChief

Reaction score
This is what I am dealing with.....note 231K us miles also:eek:

Attachments

• 100_2006.jpg
    100_2006.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_2007.jpg
    100_2007.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_2008.jpg
    100_2008.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 8

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deeaaammmn.

well \, I wish you the best of luck on that.. looks like the previous owner didnt care about the truck so much from the looks of that wiring. :) let us know what you can get fixed.

stay safe, dude.

GPChief

Reaction score
Thats the quality work contractors are doing here in Iraq, and getting PAID for it. Its a great teaching tool for my troopers to show them the correct way to do things.