Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jers2007CT

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LT, normal gas and it is having some really bad issues right now. Little back story, it has punched a lifter in cylinder 1 and that was fixed a few years ago. Then it happened again so I replaced the engine with a Jasper long block. The truck has 170K miles on it and runs like crap now. It has new plugs, wires, coil packs, TPS sensor, O2 sensors. It idles really rough and you can feel it miss firing and stumbling. Give it a little gas and it gets worse and you can hear popping through the exhaust. Mechanic tested it and saw all the cylinders are misfiring under low load but not enough to trip a code. He doesn't know why it is doing it but keeps telling me since no codes are showing he would need to diagnose it and have it do a few days and charge me a lot for it. I've already paid over 9K for the engine and install and I'm out of options that it could be. I can't afford to have it in a shop and rent a car also. It is also making an odd sound through my center vent. Like a low whooooooop sorry bad when it gets around 2000 rpm then goes away but come back each time it reaches that range. Could my computer be bad and be causing these issues? Any suggestions would be appreciated cause I've never had an issue like this before that a mechanic couldn't say what it was from.

Jers2007CT

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know where else to start from. This problem is baffling me.

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony