Help with exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few threads about this now but it need some opinions.

So right now i have the flowmaster 50 series dual in dual out not loud enough. But I am tired of looking at the 2 pipes sticking out the back of it. Now I am thinking about doing the flowmaster 10 series but what I was thinking was to just to a single exit exhaust. Should I get 2 mufflers and a y-pipe after them or should i just do a y-pipe into one muffler and then 3" out the back and then like a 3 1/2 or 4" tip. Any other suggestions. Oh and i am NOT doing straight pipes.
thanks

Edit: I am thinking that i will be going with magnaflow. But I dont know what to get the bigger one louder or is the shorter ones louder.
Something like this

Attachments

• coleexhaust.jpg
    coleexhaust.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

hapyspaz

Reaction score
Shorter ones are typically the louder ones, due to less chambers in the muffler. If you want to make your exhaust louder, and smoother sounding, you should look at getting an X-pipe. They help produce more sound, and even out the exhaust. Similar to what you hear on Mustangs which use an H-pipe.

Link to a generic one.

If you are wanting split rear pipes, you should go true dual.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to deviate from the topic, but that Tahoe climbing that hill is friggin' hardcore haha. Love seeing people having fun in theire Tahoes/Yukons. Great trucks with not enough noteriety... but I think as they get older they are getting more attention.

Anyway,you want LOUD but you don't want dual? Well, if you HAVE to have a muffler, and you want single, I would say get a Flowmaster Super 44 with either no cat(s), or highflow cat(s) depending on if you are keeping emissions legal. Or if you want real loud, get a Cherry Bomb glass pack or something. It's still a muffler, but barely hehe. You would typically either get a Y-pipe from your manifold to a single pipe->single muffler->single outlet OR two pipes from your manifold to a dual-in/single-out muffler. A dual muffler setup would be a waste of money for just one exit.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a chevy covered in mud sitting proud on tall, fat tires with a safari roofrack.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i think i am not going to do that now i am just wondering which one would be louder. The flowmaster 50 series or a Magnaflow 4"x9"X11" body