help with tires and rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryannilsen

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1996 Chevy tahoe LS 2-door 4wd. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can fit some 33" x 12.5" tires without having the tires rub when i turn. And if they will rub please tell me how much of a lift or what i can do about it.

Thanks in Advance, Ryan

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has 33x12.50 on i think 15x8 i dont think he had any rubbing issues

Last edited:

justin9844

Reaction score
no just cranked up the torsion bars a lil. still rides really smooth. i do plan on lifting it thats why i got the size i did. it is really close but i havent rubbed yet. then again i dont go off road either just driving around town. off road im sure they would rub going over bumps and all.

justin9844

Reaction score
pic in my sig. and have same one in my gallery if you wanna check it out. its a pic with my camera phone so not the best quality but give you an idea.

chevy_power25

Reaction score
@Ryannilsen dont know if you have decied on wheels yet but i have 33x12.50x.18 and no issues at all and can run 35's with torsion bars and one inch lift block in the rear i did have to trim the front fenders due to the offset of the rims i was using to clear at full lock.