Here is a pic of my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97srad750

Reaction score
I scooped it up last week. It needed a scrub down inside out. I added the wheels, and I should have the stereo finished this weekend. I haven't decided if I should take off the running boards yet. It's a 99 LT, I bought it from a girl that was about to get it repoed from a title loan place. It runs excellent, interior is in good condition after a good cleaning. Not to shabby for 2100.00 with 130K miles.
img029.jpg

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reallly really wanted that color on a tahoe when I was looking. I ended up with a boring generic fleet-looking white one though*. Couldn't pass up the price** I could get it and it was senior-owned, no huge amp wires running to the back telling me it'd been treated a bit harder like all the others I looked at.

If I had yours I'd lose the black and chrome ding protector strips/wheel arch outlines and the running boards but I see I'm alone here at least on the runnning boards so maybe I'm way off.

Edit: I changed my mind, keep the running boards, somehow they go with the wheels. I'd still take off the stripping stuff though. I'm going to on mine sometime but somehow it seems like a more important thing to do on yours, I think it'd really make it look good. see if someone can photoshop it for you.

*there are pluses to looking like a fleet vehicle, there's so many white tahoes and suburbans around here no one is ever going to remember me if I get them p.o.'ed and they want to give me a buttkicking or ride to jail :)

**I paid $3500 for a 99 LT 4dr 4wd with 130k stock wheels and a boring color and thought I was doing good, you practically stole yours!

Last edited:

97srad750

Reaction score
what size are the rims...22's??

Yes. I got them the same day I got the Tahoe. An older gentlemen had them on his Infiniti SUV and didn't like them so he put them in storage. Well he had to empty his storage out and told me if I came and got them that day I could get them for 500.00. The tires still of the colored lines around the tread. That saturday was my luck day.