hesitating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lovemytaho

Reaction score
my 02 Tahoe 5.3 2x4 70000 I just replaced fuel pump ,spark plug fuel filter and I clean intake with seafoam and I add fuel injector cleaner in fuel but still when I push gas my engine is shaking is hesitating any one can help?
No Eng. light On

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well kinda confused you say you replaced the plugs.. fuel pump... fuel filter... etc... yet I ask if you replaced the plug wires you say no because all this started happening after the transmission repairs... now did you do all those repairs before or after the transmission repairs... now is it the engine that shakes or is it more like a vibration through out the whole vehicle itself ?

lovemytaho

Reaction score
Well kinda confused you say you replaced the plugs.. fuel pump... fuel filter... etc... yet I ask if you replaced the plug wires you say no because all this started happening after the transmission repairs... now did you do all those repairs before or after the transmission repairs... now is it the engine that shakes or is it more like a vibration through out the whole vehicle itself ?

I done this repairs after Trans repair last week I change fuel pump with filter and yesterday I use seafoam to clean intake and add fuel injector cleaner and I replaced spark plugs only not the wires. I done this but still I have eng. vib,special when i push little gas the eng. is shaking ,

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disabling and or canceling out 1 cylinder at a time so you can narrow it down to what cylinder is misfiring by unplugging the electrcal connector at the top of the coil pack you can tell which cylinder is misfiring by the cylinder has little to no change when coil for that cylinder is disconnected... now after unplugging each coil plug it back in and pay attention to the change in idle and engine misfire and you want to do eachone with the engine running.... now again is it a engine misfire or vibration do you hear an actual misfire at the tail pipe does it purr or is putting out the tail pipe

lovemytaho

Reaction score
Multi Missfire

Try disabling and or canceling out 1 cylinder at a time so you can narrow it down to what cylinder is misfiring by unplugging the electrcal connector at the top of the coil pack you can tell which cylinder is misfiring by the cylinder has little to no change when coil for that cylinder is disconnected... now after unplugging each coil plug it back in and pay attention to the change in idle and engine misfire and you want to do eachone with the engine running.... now again is it a engine misfire or vibration do you hear an actual misfire at the tail pipe does it purr or is putting out the tail pipe

HI I just check with snapon scanner shows multi missfrie very light misfire cylinder 6,3,1,5 but No eng light . friends told me may not be from coil pack or wires because sudden happen after transmission repair please any help?

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt say it would be a coil pack I said by disabling 1 at a time with the engine running you would be able to narrow it down to what cylinder is misfiring... check the grounds behind the right and left side cylinder heads they should be a black wire with a white tracer make sure those are nice and tight also theres another one on the left side of the engine block right below the exhaust manifold below the numer 3 cylinder it should be a black one and its also inline with the negative battery cable

lovemytaho

Reaction score
Didnt say it would be a coil pack I said by disabling 1 at a time with the engine running you would be able to narrow it down to what cylinder is misfiring... check the grounds behind the right and left side cylinder heads they should be a black wire with a white tracer make sure those are nice and tight also theres another one on the left side of the engine block right below the exhaust manifold below the numer 3 cylinder it should be a black one and its also inline with the negative battery cable

I check all grounds are ok and I ck all coils many many time just to make sure they are all working

lovemytaho

Reaction score
hi again any idea? still I didn't find the problem yet still same problem but No eng. light on.

lovemytaho

Reaction score

hi again any idea? still I didn't find the problem yet still same problem but No eng. light on