Hid Fog Lights/lamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CplJasonB

Reaction score
helllllpppppppppp! i been looking and LOOKING and have no clue on what to do. I go to my local shop and they tell me that my fog lights wont support the HEAT of the HID's..... so i need new fog lamps? does ANYBODY here have HID FOG LAMPS? and if so, post me links on what lamps to buy and HID KIT. i have an 08 TAHOE.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory lenses won't withstand the heat from HIDs. Try searching this formum as this was discussed a year or two back.

Won't a HID bulb degrade their effectiveness as fog lites?

Playa70

Reaction score
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=16741

I have them in mine and they are awesome. I've had them in for a year and have noticed some melting but it doesn't bother me because it's worth it.

As far as effectiveness, they are bright enough to where I could go without my low beams and just run around with them on.

CplJasonB

Reaction score
can u post me the link of the fog lamps u have for the HID's? im looking for fog lamps... but i cant find them anywhere...

Playa70

Reaction score
I'm using my stock lamps, just replaced the bulbs with the HIDs

miketedeschi

Reaction score
dont put HIDs in your fog lamps if you plan on keeping them on all the time, it just blinds people.

if you don't like the stock lamps or color temp, i would suggest ripping them out entirely and replacing them with something else. hella makes a lot of different lights...

miketedeschi

Reaction score
before anyone tries to say it won't blind people, because i know someone will, that's just ignorant.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do find it truly amazing at how many folks drive w/ their fogs on, some even in the daytime. Must be the "cool factor".

miketedeschi

Reaction score
I do find it truly amazing at how many folks drive w/ their fogs on, some even in the daytime. Must be the "cool factor".

most chrystler vehicles can have the fogs come on with the parking lights everytime you get in, but in most GM and Ford vehicles you have to manually turn them on everytime.

what really drives me nuts is REAR fog lights. you see them on european vehicles that look like a brake light bulb is shorted out and always on.