HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

el_presidente

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to install HID kit on MY 08 tahoe. and i was wondering if i have to remove the bumber also to get the lights out? also i was asking some HID store about what kind of bulbs go in my factory fog lights so i can convert them to HID also and they were like i need to custom my fog lights...is this true? any info would be highly appreaciated.

nitty aka..... "el presidente:cool2:

uvamack

Reaction score
No need to remove the front fender to install the HID's. Just takes a little patience on removing the current and installing the HID's. Make sure you remove the DRL fuse, because when you install HID's it is going to run all the time if you have the lights set on Auto. Mine is set on Auto, fuse removed, and it only comes on at dusk and others times like it is supposed to.

Jayce030

Reaction score
mine dont do that and i have my lights set on auto... DRL come on when they supposed to and headlights turn on at dusk.

uvamack

Reaction score
Your DRLs run off the same bulbs as the HID's, so that is why I pulled the DRL fuse. I don't want my HID lights running during the day and wearing down the bulb.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uvamack,

You're confusing us. It sounded like you said that your HID bulbs are the same bulbs that run the DRLs...@ least that's what I got out of it. W/ that, you need to provide more info on your vehicle and install... Do you have an 06 or a NBS Tahoe? What HID pkg do you have installed? low/high/fogs/drls (if possible)? You got me confused...:confused2:

Any of you guys w/ HIDs on the NBS Tahoe know what he's talking about?

uvamack

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I have a 2007 Denali with the McCulloch HID Conversion kit. I spoke with Danny over at Ultrabrightlights and he stated that I need projector headlights. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they are made yet for the 07 Yukon.

Jayce030

Reaction score
Your DRLs run off the same bulbs as the HID's, so that is why I pulled the DRL fuse. I don't want my HID lights running during the day and wearing down the bulb.

ah i see what your talking about... i have a tahoe so the DRL's and headlights are seperate.

secretservice

Reaction score
does anybody know the code for the fog lights on the 08 Hoe? i tried the sylvania website but it doesnt say anthing for the foglights..... i think the 07 are the same as the 08 so can any of you 07's Hoe's help me out here?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Projector housings for YUKON

...it doesn't look like they are made yet for the 07 Yukon.

DING! We have a winner! :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

That's what I've been saying for the last several months.... It's annoying to me that NO aftermarket manufacturer has yet made a lens-based projector housing, even though GM claims that 07+ Denali headlights are "projectors". I think the General was smoking something in the back room with his marketing buddies when they "decided" that.

HIDs in the stock housings work fine, but the beam is somewhat diffuse and not as focused as some of us would like.

On Tahoe / Suburban, there is at least one after-market projector housing option...this one (in black and in chrome).

Good luck all!

secretservice

Reaction score
thats a damn shame because they have aftermarket projectors for the 08 already with angel eyes and led eyebrows.....lol

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a damn shame because they have aftermarket projectors for the 08 already with angel eyes and led eyebrows.....lol

Um, yeah, those are for Tahoe / Suburban, 07+... Unless you found something else for Yukon -- please share!

secretservice

Reaction score
hey thanks for the HID info i know of a good dealer that sells 880 with the slim ballast and not that bulky old style heavy crap.....lol

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless chevy made some odd balls i have yet to see that yet and i deal with these tahoe's everyday please if you have some time post a pic of your fog light setup perfered the rear of the housing+ the bulb