HID Lights - Transformer Locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Elsewhere I put up some info on installing my HID headlights.

I thought I'd just post some pics where I put the HID transformers to help anything going through the install process.

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 107

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW. that looks hard mine were easy. here, this is right behind the headlight housing. mounted perfectly and there is room for another one if i ever do the high beams. :cool:

ballestmount2.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted mine with self tappers to the plastic radiator shroud once the headlight is removed. Fit perfect and cleans up any visible wiring. I'm not sure where to put the ballasts for the fogs when I get them but it shouldn't be too hard finding some plastic to fasten them to.

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
Mounted mine with self tappers to the plastic radiator shroud once the headlight is removed. Fit perfect and cleans up any visible wiring. I'm not sure where to put the ballasts for the fogs when I get them but it shouldn't be too hard finding some plastic to fasten them to.

I actually did the same thing with mine, for the fogs I zip tied them to some of the plastic under the front.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Well, by no means was mine the only location and I think it's valuable that those of us who have done it share our insight with those considering the upgrade.

I have to say though, it's a little addicting in that my low beams look great with HID and I'm tempted as I can afford it to do more! I think I need to ask for more $$ for my birthday!

MikeCallery

Reaction score
I just used electrical tape. I ran one piece over the connections and back along the plastic and then ran another piece 90 degrees from the first to hold it in place. I then zip tied it out of harms way and feel comfortable with that.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I put my low beams in the same spot you did...it hides all the wiring and the ballasts...I put my fog ballasts on top of my skid plate...works perfect..

oneclu

Reaction score
im looking for a guide on installing hids, i just purchased and i was wondering if its possible to do it myself..??

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking for a guide on installing hids, i just purchased and i was wondering if its possible to do it myself..??

Yup Its really easy to do here is a video done on utube explaining on how easy it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhDGMUV4pg

Any questions about the Install there are alot of people here that already Have one installed and can help yah in any way possible :)