hitch cover pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any pics of one of these two hitch covers in a different colors other than what's shown below? I really like the flush one, but it's hard to beat the price of the 2nd one. Also, is the 2nd one open underneath or is it fully enclosed? I have a graystone metallic tahoe and do not care for the GM style cover. Thanks!

dynamicimage.ashx

$79.99

dynamicimage.ashx

$49.99

vipergts2000

Reaction score
I just bought the bottom one in white diamond. Yes it is open below that is how you take it off. I will post a pic once I install it. You also have to paint it....

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'm going with the top flush mounted one.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have top one, Street Scene. Nothing beats the look. Only thing is I wish I would have left the truck at body shop to let them fit it, but I just droped it off. They need alot of prep work, but look the best when done.

I will take pictures as soon as I can.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have top one, Street Scene. Nothing beats the look. Only thing is I wish I would have left the truck at body shop to let them fit it, but I just droped it off. They need alot of prep work, but look the best when done.

I will take pictures as soon as I can.

What was so difficult with the fitting? doesn't it just slide into the receiver? Look forward to seeing those pics.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cover sticks out on the bottom all the time, you have to keep pushing it in. Painter said that he spent alot of time preping. Body shop owner is a friend of my good friend.

I am sure if I left the truck he would have been able to make adjustments.

Still my number one choice of hitch cover. I saw Denali yesterday driving down parkway with the stock hitch cover flapped down barley holding on.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cover sticks out on the bottom all the time, you have to keep pushing it in. Painter said that he spent alot of time preping. Body shop owner is a friend of my good friend.

I am sure if I left the truck he would have been able to make adjustments.

Still my number one choice of hitch cover. I saw Denali yesterday driving down parkway with the stock hitch cover flapped down barley holding on.

I'm confused... what could the painter do to make it fit better if all he did was paint it. Doesn't it lock into the hitch using a typical receiver pin or something? I am assuming that what you're saying is that the bottom portion of the bumper does not always sit flush with the plug, is this correct? My bumper flexes quite a bit and doesn't seem straight around the opening now, so I can how the plug would not be a perfect fit. How does the cover stay in place? Thanks
:thumbsup:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom half is thin gets thin to blend into bumper. Like you said the rear bumpers are real flimsy. If I make something to keep my bumper more rigid and out on the bottom it would be perfect.

He could have heated it up and forumed it alittle better into place. Trimmed and sanded it to better possibly to fit better.

Going outside to take pics now.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres what it basically looks like. The gap will get greater after driving around. Standing back you don't even notice it. Maybe they can fix the gap with more prep, maybe not. I am happy with mine though.

I took other pics but they did not turn out well, maybe I will get some more later.

Attachments

• hitchcover.jpg
    hitchcover.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 54

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good... i figured the bottom would be somewhat loose given the way the bumper is designed. How is it held into the receiver? Does it just slide in and stay? If so, how much goes into the receiver? If there's nothing to hold it, I plan to drill a hole and use my regular hitch pin to hold it. Thanks again!

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It slides into the reciever like a regular ball mount and exits the back of the hitch. You then pin it in the way back of the hitch. It will be annoying if you tow alot because you have to get on the ground to pin and unpin.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SS hitch cover and sad to say, the bottom sticks out a little. But its the best looking cover out.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how it is so hard for companies to built parts that look stock:umn: Has to be a money issue, but I think people would pay alittle more for a quality product.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased mine from autopartswarehouse.com for$77 shipped... Stylintrucks carries it as well.

CaliChevyV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sellin a black GM hitch cover, contact me if interested. I'm pretty easy goin on the price so let me know what you want to spend!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom half is thin gets thin to blend into bumper. Like you said the rear bumpers are real flimsy. If I make something to keep my bumper more rigid and out on the bottom it would be perfect.

He could have heated it up and forumed it alittle better into place. Trimmed and sanded it to better possibly to fit better.

Going outside to take pics now.

I just got mine painted and installed and it fits opposite of yours. Mine is way to tight and pushes on the lower bumper when it's fully pushed in. Even when it's fully pushed in, I can't get the pin through the back. I can only see about 75% of the hole, so i will need to either drill a new hole or enlarge the existing one. It's not a perfect fit around the top edge either, but it will do. Like I said the bottom pushes so tight against the lower bumper that when viewing the truck from the back, the lower bumper looks bowed/bent. I still think it's the best looking cover out, but wish they could have made it fit a little better.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are a couple of pics...you can see in the 2nd pic that the lower section of the bumper is being pushed and causing it to slighly bow in.

Attachments

• CIMG0432.JPG
    CIMG0432.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 13
  • CIMG0433.JPG
    CIMG0433.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 14