Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY horn just took a S*** anyone know why. I would admit that I had never actually used it until someone really pissed me off.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My horn is out too... anyone ever fix this?

I tried a new horn relay, but that wasn't it. A few weeks back, when I wiggled the relay in the fuse box, the horn worked again... but now it won't. Seems to be a bad connection somewhere between the fusebox and the steering wheel.

Please keep us posted if you got'erdone...

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most annoying thing it I never needed the horn much... but once it doesn't work.. all the idiots are in front of me deserving a good honk...

spleuba

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is out too. It is not all of the time, however. Looking forward to a fix.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
train horn. Cant wait for mine. To many idiots here. Then they look at you like "what did i do"? O nothing except about took my front end off.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In VA, you can't pass an annual safety inspection unless the factory horn works. Train horns don't count, RT... :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In VA, you can't pass an annual safety inspection unless the factory horn works. Train horns don't count, RT... :lol:

Naw. I take it to my guy for inspections. He just inspects the basics (brakes, emmissions etc) If he installed it he passes it. But I would still keep the factory one.

177mph

Reaction score
Ok - what are train horns?

Ive installed fiamm air horns in most of my vehicles. They have the sound that ferrari air horns make. Would those be considered illegal?

Crazy Al

Reaction score
Train Horn - Horn from a train.

You need a compressor to run one, and for the most part cops will have just another reason to hate you. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep your stock horn running and have the train horn put on a seperate switch. I wanna have the stock horn put on a seperate switch though as when im angry I usually just Slam the steering wheel. LOL Then mash the gas :smilielol: yes just letting you know if any of you ever ride in my yukon, you had better drive. LOL

177mph

Reaction score
Train Horn - Horn from a train.

You need a compressor to run one, and for the most part cops will have just another reason to hate you. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Well - I know there are a bunch of air horns on the market - and most have compressors - as do my fiamm air horns.

I would think that an actual "train horn" as you so described wouldnt fit under the hood of a tahoe. I happen to be a bit of a train person - and the horns that are used on the NJ transit trains here use a compressor thats the size of a couch.

So - Im thinking you dont mean a horn from a train. But rather one that sounds like a horn from a train.:lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a horn. But i would never get it. I wanna put a cannon ball express on the silverado and a Dixie horn on the yukon. :D

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeez... I swear... Needed my horn again today (idiot pulling out of a driveway near hitting me)... and I'm in the truck punching my airbag w/ no sound... like a mute. =P

Crazy Al

Reaction score
Well - I know there are a bunch of air horns on the market - and most have compressors - as do my fiamm air horns.

I would think that an actual "train horn" as you so described wouldnt fit under the hood of a tahoe. I happen to be a bit of a train person - and the horns that are used on the NJ transit trains here use a compressor thats the size of a couch.

So - Im thinking you dont mean a horn from a train. But rather one that sounds like a horn from a train.:lol:

Doesn't go in the hood obviously, mount it in your frame. As for the size of the compressor, yeah, much smaller than what a train would use to run it, then again you aren't going to be needing a sustained or repeated bursts. You can get one that sounds like it, or you can can get the real thing and start modifying.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some ways to mount the new horn button? Do you use the power from the stock horns, or add an entirely secondary switch/relay? Where do you mount it?

POST SOME PICS!!!

It's starting to get dangerous not being able to honk at fools now. =P