How do I drop a 92 2dr 4x4 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjcanes87

Reaction score
Hey guys Im new to this site. I have a 1992 K1500 Blazer. Even though my title says that my truck is a blazer all the factory emblems say tahoe. Why I have no idea. Truth is I have always been a Ford man but it was time for something new.

Here is my problem. My truck is a 4x4 and I want to drop the rear end of my truck 3 to 4 inches and then just turn my torsion bars down in the front. All the drop kits I have found are for two wheel drives and all them are for suburbans or single cab pick ups. I am not sure using the drop shackles and hangers for the two wheel drives will work. And to add more to that will the drop kit for the suburbans and pick ups be a good idea to use? Sorry but i am new to the world of lowering trucks, I have always been a lift to the sky kind of person. Any help would be very appreciated.

Oh and I don't care to do a shackle flip want to get away with minimal fabrication just in case i decide to go back up. THANKS!!!!!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a K 4X4 man, lift it and you're troubles will be over! Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it's the best I could do.

LAPEQUENA01

Reaction score
check this web site sporttruckdirect.com under ((((((Premium
Lowering Kits
& Drop Parts
Belltec))))))))))))))))) they have the kit for u tahoe 4x4,i brouth mine from them

KarenCaren

Reaction score
I'm surprise about this question. Mostly 4X4 ask for a lift about 3"-4". but this guy wants to drop it. Ok here we got. If you can do it by yourself go buy a lowering kit or cut your shock (probably this is not a good idea) then use smaller tires.

studebaker51

Reaction score
This is a lot more common than you would think. I belong to another forum & there are several long threads about lowering their 4x4 vehicles (some brand new). A lot of them are rabid about it, going so far as to replace their suspensions with air bags & severe modifications.

I don't know if this will help, but torsion keys & lowering shackles are available:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on how far you want to go.. you may get into some modding.. - you can, get some brackets, and put the rear-end on top of the leafs.. just need new brackets welded to the rear-end. and then probably get some new keys for the front.. - if you get the rear-end on top of the leafs then you could do lowering blocks