How do you lock the car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwthomas

Reaction score
2015 LT with Remote Control.
Passive door unlock is confusing.
As we understand it; we get out of the car, and lock the car with the remote. We put the remote in our pocket. As long as we are 3 feet from the door someone can come to either side and open the door by pushing the little silver button and then operating the handle.

This seems to be a really bad deal - especially for a woman alone. Is there a way to turn off this function so that the car stays locked until the owner of the remote pushes the button?

Thanks
JW

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 LT with Remote Control.
Passive door unlock is confusing.
As we understand it; we get out of the car, and lock the car with the remote. We put the remote in our pocket. As long as we are 3 feet from the door someone can come to either side and open the door by pushing the little silver button and then operating the handle.

This seems to be a really bad deal - especially for a woman alone. Is there a way to turn off this function so that the car stays locked until the owner of the remote pushes the button?

Thanks
JW

You probably can, there are a ton of features and options you can program, some of which I still probably haven't found yet. I don't think someone can unlock it with the button if the ignition is on or maybe even if you are in the vehicle. Go into settings and select vehicle. You can even program a passive door lock.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go into Settings/Vehicle/Passive Door Unlock you can select all doors or just driver's door. Just driver's door would probably be the safest for a woman. I did not see a way to turn it off.