How much of a discount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeet

Reaction score
How much of a discount should I expect on a LTZ.
The MSRP is 46,300... From what I hear, I should get $7,500.00 off of MSRP.
Does this sound right?
I'm ready to go.

Great forum!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cashback currently is USD 2000 in the West. Check your state at www.gm.com. Invoice would be some 8.3 % off MSRP (took that from my Yukon XL Denali). All together you should end up at about 40,700.

Jim

Greenage

Reaction score
Cashback currently is USD 2000 in the West. Check your state at www.gm.com. Invoice would be some 8.3 % off MSRP (took that from my Yukon XL Denali). All together you should end up at about 40,700.

Jim

The Invoice price is about $1,000 closer to MSRP on the Yukon Denali then it is on a Tahoe or Yukon. Also, if you are looking at a Tahoe that has been on the lot for a while, there may be an extra $2,000 rebate. I can't remember what the cutoff date is for that anymore.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutoff was somewhere in Autumn 2006.

Jim

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the incentives....

These things are on SALE 365 days a year....a lot of people are getting $7000 off MSRP with very little haggling...myself and others have gotten $8000+ off with some tough negotiating. The $8000 plus discounts came off of $49K - $50K Tahoes so I would expect you could get about $7000 - $7500 off yours...

skeet

Reaction score
We're negotiating on a LTZ white/tan leather, sunroof, pwr hatch, DVD, 20's, flex fuel.. Only wierd thing we want is the middle bench and not the middle buckets.... These are rare, especially white/tan. There's only 1 within 500 miles of Birmingham in Olive Branch, MS.... MSRP 47,6 and I think we'll be able to get if for 38.5 - 39K... Had several calls with a local dealer that's going to get it but we'll go sit down on Friday. Hopefully, he's not pulling my leg.
Thanks for the help fellas.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you...

We're negotiating on a LTZ white/tan leather, sunroof, pwr hatch, DVD, 20's, flex fuel.. Only wierd thing we want is the middle bench and not the middle buckets.... These are rare, especially white/tan. There's only 1 within 500 miles of Birmingham in Olive Branch, MS.... MSRP 47,6 and I think we'll be able to get if for 38.5 - 39K... Had several calls with a local dealer that's going to get it but we'll go sit down on Friday. Hopefully, he's not pulling my leg.
Thanks for the help fellas.

Center bench is tough...and imagine trying to find a white LTZ with light grey interior with center bench, no sunroof and 3.73....there was only ONE in the greater Houston area (two black ones with Ebony which I did NOT want) and my wife happened upon it....MSRP of $47.6 sounds a little LOW...mine did not have a sunroof and was MSRP $49 (without power retractable steps), but if you can get it for $38-$39K you are getting a fair deal....

skeet

Reaction score
Finally got it on Friday night! 07' LTZ (everything but power boards and nav). Sport red metallic with tan leather, 20's and the works. It was a demo with 5K on it. Got it for 38,8 out the door. MSRP 46,3. Middle bench LTZ's with exactly what we wanted are super hard to find... Wanted white but the red metallic and tan is definitely working for us.

I'll send pics on Sunday. I'm out of the country.

Thanks for the assistance.

NeverRest

Reaction score
Your in Birmingham Skeet??? I'm located in Tuscaloosa, who have you been dealing with up in that area??

I've been in the process of finding a 07' Z71(Tahoe), or a 07' Classic LBZ Diesel. I'm really giving the dealer hell lol. He's starting to get fed up with me because I'm so picky about my cars lol.

According to chevrolets website there is a 6000 rebate + 1000 cash back at the moment on Tahoes and Avalanches.

skeet

Reaction score
I worked with Courtesy GMC trying to find a Yukon, then Edwards Chevrolet off 280. The problem was trying to find exactly what I wanted... The middle bench LTZ is hard to find, but we did it... I wanted white but the sport red is really killer with the tan leather. My wifes a Bama fan so I guess it swayed her.

We travelled to Decatur and got ours at Lynn Layton Chevolet. They have a ton of cars... Ask for Lloyd.... I actually drove to Decatur 10 years ago and bought our 96 Tahoe from him too. If you know what you want and they have it, Lloyd's a no haggle guy... Tell him what you want to pay and he'll help you get there....

Ours has everything but nav and pwr running boards and no 4wd. It was a demo w/5K on it...

It MSRP'ed for 46,3
He came in at 39,7 w/tax and all
I countered with 38K, out the door.
He told me he couldn't do it and we settled for 38,8 out the door.
Tax was $1,400 so I almost split that.

They have so many cars and trucks that I don't think they even know what they have... Lot after lot...
One other thing is that they have a lot of purchases made by workers from the Saginaw GM plant up there.... I've heard the deal there is that every year, the workers get loaded vehicles and the dealership gives them within 1 year exactly what they paid for the vehicle so they are constanly trading in. They have a ton of nice 10K mile stuff too.

Hope this helps.

Lizard1

Reaction score
think your car was hard to find - try finding a 4wd White LTZ, no sunroof, NO 3rd row seat and middle bench seat ;)

Local dealer in Atlanta did a search and had it there in 36hrs. I bought this back in March/April of last year right after they came out and paid invoice after 5min of negotiating