Hung up transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a 2016 tahoe z71. yesterday while driving more spirited than normal i noticed the vehicle was hung up on a gear hovering and pegged right around 3400 rpm. none the less was a bit strange and has happened a few times. any others with this issue. might need a reprogramming on the shift points or calibration.

Jamescole

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me while driving cross country. All I did is do a global reset and the problem was solved

nate13

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me while driving cross country. All I did is do a global reset and the problem was solved

how do you do a Global Reset?
Sorry if thats a newb question

mine is doing the same thing. the first time it did it i brought to the deanship and they replaced the transmission. now it s doing it again

Ky Sheriff

Reaction score
Same exact thing with my 2015 Tahoe PPV. Been happening since new. Now has 26,000 miles. Dealer cannot diagnose the problem. Contacted GM
fleet Rep and still waiting to hear back from them. This is a police pursuit rated vehicle and is useless. Surely someone out there has a fix for this. Thanks!

Jamescole

Reaction score
Global reset

Try disconnecting both battery terminals and holding them both together for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes connect them back up and see if the problem is fixed

Ky Sheriff

Reaction score
Hung up in gear

Thanks JamesCole. It has the dual battery set up. So obviously disconnect both batteries and put cables from both batteries together?