Hybrid LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Fan

Reaction score
We have a 08 Tahoe LTZ and would like to buy a set of these tail lights. Would they install with out any mods to the existing harness?
Anyone selling these? Is there a good GM discount site I can buy these from?
Thanks in advance.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you jst get aftermarket LED tails?
I have the IPCW aftermarket LED taillight and 3rd brake light that ran about $500 together and I lile them alot. Way better than the Hybrid ones and also probably cheaper. Plus installing the Hybrid lightswould be ahrd as hell, too much stuff to cut and splice!

iwaslowr

Reaction score
We have a 08 Tahoe LTZ and would like to buy a set of these tail lights. Would they install with out any mods to the existing harness?
Anyone selling these? Is there a good GM discount site I can buy these from?
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately they are not a simple plug and play install; it can be done quite easily however if you would like the ability to keep your stock tail lights intact(to perhaps reinstall them when taking the vehicle in for warranty work) some extra effort will be needed. Alot of information is on another forum at: http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_24914/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm (The part numbers are for the regular escalade tail lights with the red tinted housing). You should be able to find both versions of the tail lights on eBay or GMPartsdirect.com, however I am not sure of the part number for the clear lens tails.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(The part numbers are for the regular escalade tail lights with the red tinted housing)

I think he was talking about hybrid tahoe lights, which have the same dimension taillight, just not sure if the wiring harness and mount is the same between them.

And yeah, Tahoe and Escalade tail lights are different.

GM Fan

Reaction score
Yes I am talking about the Tahoe Hybrid lights. The Escalade does not have the right shape for a Tahoe. So is the harness the same?

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaaactually....the Hybrid has the boxier rear end like the Escalade....so you would still need to replace the vent covers on the back. And honestly, if you are going to go to all of that work....may as well do the escalade ones.

GM Fan

Reaction score
Thats true, I do like the escalade LEDs better. Does anyone have a picture of their Hybrid tails? My local dealership has not received one in a long time.
Our Tahoe is Blue Granite, did they make this color on the Escalade?
I sure would like to see rear tails on Tahoes with the Caddy's lights.

GM Fan

Reaction score
73 shark, I noticed you have a set of eagle eyes led tails but creations do not carry them any more. They carry IPC and the eagles you have look so much better. Any other places I could buy these lights from?

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats true, I do like the escalade LEDs better. Does anyone have a picture of their Hybrid tails? My local dealership has not received one in a long time.
Our Tahoe is Blue Granite, did they make this color on the Escalade?
I sure would like to see rear tails on Tahoes with the Caddy's lights.

Here you go

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
73 shark, I noticed you have a set of eagle eyes led tails but creations do not carry them any more. They carry IPC and the eagles you have look so much better. Any other places I could buy these lights from?

they have always been on the site it was one of the first items i put up on the site over a year ago!!!!
did you go through all of the tail lights for the tahoe there are 4 styles