I don't see the Flex Fuel badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 Tahoe LT3 with 12000 miles on it (I assumed it wasn't other LT models as this has memory heated seats on the door) and the sticker claims that it has Flex-Fuel option and the chevy site confirms that this is the base option for LT2 and LT3 model, but I don't see the badge on the rear gate.
How do I know whether I can use E85?

Thank you in advance.

Edit:
One more thing....I don't see the Bose plate over the speaker grills in pictures either and Bose sound upgrade is standard in LT3.....can you get memory seats in LT2?

Also, I bought this online so I have yet to see it yet until I pick it up, but it having so low miles and the VIN check being very good, I figured there wouldn't be too many issues.

Last edited:

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you for that info....I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, but I will take a look at that information at the time of inspection.

So now, as for the Bose speaker option information....if someone could provide some information on that. Thx.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the passenger seat also have multi-way power seats? On LT2 it's like 6 way driver and mostly manual on pssgr side, while LT3 has 12 way power both sides. Without Bose I'm guessing that it's LT2, but the memory seat is throwing me off too. Another way to tell is do your mirrors have turn signals imbedded in the glass (LT3)? What is this sticker that says Flex Fuel, wouldn't it also say the trim level? And I think there are 2WD models that are not Flex Fuel. So yeah it, it was an option, and would have a yellow gas cap if it is.

Last edited:

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought chevy rebadged them as part of a promotion ie if it was a really early tahoe and didnt get the emblem and gas cap then it could be with out it (or i could be on crack and making things up)....i would check the vin and you can tell from that not sure the exact letters and numbers for each engine type

also e85 isnt cheaper per mile...if you figure it out most times its more expensive...course that depends where you live

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The very first 07's (the one's sold in Jan 06) don't have any badges on them but the gas cap is yellow indicating its E85 compatiable.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you can tell the information by looking at the gas cap.
I haven't had the chance to see the car in person yet, so I will just need to find out, but wanted to make sure before flying to Texas.

From what I was able to build online with matching features listed on the seller's site on the car, I figured it was LT3 with FlexFuel, but wasn't sure.
E85 is cheaper per mile for me as I live in North Dakota and have family that produce it.

Look forward to posting here. Thank you everyone.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you can tell the information by looking at the gas cap.
I haven't had the chance to see the car in person yet, so I will just need to find out, but wanted to make sure before flying to Texas.

From what I was able to build online with matching features listed on the seller's site on the car, I figured it was LT3 with FlexFuel, but wasn't sure.
E85 is cheaper per mile for me as I live in North Dakota and have family that produce it.

Look forward to posting here. Thank you everyone.

Welcome aboard! Post some pic's of your Tahoe when you get it.:thumbsup:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the previous owner could have stripped the badge, it is kind of ugly...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevy didnt put a badge on until late in the 07 year.

my 06 was flexfuel (according to the sticker and vin) but it did not have a badge, nor a yellow gas cap.

it does not say bose on the door, it says bose on the tweeters on the a-piller. that at first fooled me too. so im sure you have bose.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.

chevy didnt put a badge on until late in the 07 year.

my 06 was flexfuel (according to the sticker and vin) but it did not have a badge, nor a yellow gas cap.

it does not say bose on the door, it says bose on the tweeters on the a-piller. that at first fooled me too. so im sure you have bose.

This information is re-assuring as I was not sure whether I needed to cancel my agreement due to wrong description.

sdoo25

Reaction score
In regards to the flex-fuel, we had an early 2007 Tahoe (took delivery in March 2007) and it didn't have the badging or a yellow gas cap, it had a regular black gas cap. So if it's an early 2007 you may not have any of these but it still may be flex fuel.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW Don't know if you can see it yet but the engine code for non-Flex Fuel is "J" and with it is "O" (or "0"), not sure.

Auburn

Reaction score
My 07 tahoe was produced in Jan 06 and can use flex fuel. I do not have the badge or the yellow gas cap.

It could also have been taken off. A friend of mine with a later production 07 tahoe took their badges off.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what character of the VIN is the engine code? i bought mine being told it was not flexfuel, and i'd like to confirm. i have a black gas cap; however, it does mention on a sticker that you can run e85 without certain additives? when reading the sticker it seems to suggest you can, doesn't say it's necessary..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my 06 from day one till i traded it i always has to hassle DMV about the letter Z insted of 2 in my VIN, the letter Z meant 325Ci flexfuel engine. they never got it right and said i was a complete idiot, i finally MADE one come out and look and they said my truck was probably stolen and had the vin changed, i just said good bye and drove off in a huff. :mad2: