I got my BlackBear Performance Tune Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, been a while since I posted... been working on the 83 silverado.

I got the new PCM in the mail from Justin today. Hook up was a snap, and now I'm in step one of waiting for the security relearn.

so yeah. I got that goin for me so far. :D and that dhali lama thing.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, I just finished the crank relearn. It was fun reving up to 4k for a reason. LOL. I just drove it around the neighborhood but can already notice a difference in my 1-2 shift quality. Not in power, But I think that will only be seen when I really open her up good. :yesnod:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, how did you know that it HAD to be done? im on step 2 of the security thing now. I started it and then it immidiately killed. then I did step one and started it, and it went a bit longer, then killed. so after maybe 3 of these, it'll start. Wont the cam learn happen on its own? i need to get back and review my instructions.
but yeah... its ON> :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, how did you know that it HAD to be done? im on step 2 of the security thing now. I started it and then it immidiately killed. then I did step one and started it, and it went a bit longer, then killed. so after maybe 3 of these, it'll start. Wont the cam learn happen on its own? i need to get back and review my instructions.
but yeah... its ON> :D

I just followed the instructions. It said to. The security relearn for me was just like yours, it will take all three. Also before you do the crank relearn. Let it warm up to 210 (or what ever your normal temp is) :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats pete, i wish i could do one to my truck later on, but the obd1 is killing me in all sorts of ways.. long time no talk man..ive been kinda sad without u

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aww thanks, Sas. thats cool to say.ok now im after the directions. I JUST got it started.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading, just not posting..

THe Atmoic Hoe is awesome. you get the subz into the capri?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading, just not posting..

THe Atmoic Hoe is awesome. you get the subz into the capri?

Thanks man. um about the capri. lol.. i dont have enough money since ive been constantly blowing it in the hoe and i bought a grand prix for winter. so its going to sit in storage until i get a better job.. but the amp has been powering the speakers in it. it works good man, thanks again for that.. :thumbsup::yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my ride and it was incredible, except for getting stopped. only con to a BB tune. becarful. You will like the noisy peddle alot now. I got tagged for doing 87 in a 65 coming down from 108 though, so I guess I got lucky. LOL but boy can my silverado move now. ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removing 100% TM is incredible too. Since the silverado has no weight in the rear it will spin its tires ALOT from a dead stop now. I also cant belive how smooth the shifts are, whether your going at it like a bat out of hell, or driving like your grand mother. ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure for me... its seems peppier, but not blowing my socks off. now that i have the hood open, I smell burning plastic smell. im checking around the pcm, nothing is hot, so maybe I ran her too hard.

I didnt get the rev limiter at 4KRPM it just kept on till 5500.. did I do something wrong?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure for me... its seems peppier, but not blowing my socks off. now that i have the hood open, I smell burning plastic smell. im checking around the pcm, nothing is hot, so maybe I ran her too hard.

I didnt get the rev limiter at 4KRPM it just kept on till 5500.. did I do something wrong?

proably. Mine did. I hit activate, it said OK and I slowly revved it up to 4000k rpms. It cut the fuel. I turned it off, counted to 30. and just got a big grin right on my face.

Mine is definalty more noticable. It just takes a bit for your body and truck to feel it. I definalty notice ALOT SMOOTHER shifts, not as jerky. and Definalty notice alot more seat of the pants feel with less throttle. And WOT, OMG LOOK OUT. Noticed especally at 30 mph to 60. I notice it where on a dry road I can get wheel spin. This it with 85% tm removed. I get 100% removed in tow haul mode.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yall lost me a while ago!
Do yall control what you want the tune to do?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin makes the tunes. you can read about it on the link at the top left of this page.

I think becuase I have a different controller, my menu is different. But when I get home today Ill play with it some more. My laptop battery is weak, so I have to get in there, do my thing and then get it back on the charger, lol.

we got snow again last night and this morning, so Ill have to go easy on the mash-pedal style until it dries up again.

Its like, the winter that wouldnt end here..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of snow this morning. lol. I kept getting to 90 speeding up to pass today. I never new a truck this size could move this fast, and thats just in reg mode, tow haul is set up even better. :cool2: