I Lost her today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today i ended my reign of no problems. MY TRANNY BLEW TODAY:mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: not jokeing. it has been acting up for the past 3 weeks and i have meant to get it to the dealer but just had no freakin time (yes time on here but i can do this at work) well it had been shifting really hard and it felt like i had lost 100 hp at times. as i had alot less passing power. well i did some lawn work today at one of my project houses. ripping out bushes and hauling the tractors and crap. on the way back to the house with the tractors i had to floor it to get around an idiot in a colorado who went in to my lane with out warning. stopping was not happening so i floored it, right at that moment i heard CLANK, BANG BANG, at first i thought i had thrown a rod. but the engine was fine. then crap starts coming on the dash. so i pull to the side, call onstar and they say its tranny trouble (in a nut shell) i get out and check the fluid and its bone dry. look under the truck and there it is. being only 2 miles from home i took the keys to the tractors, locked her up and walked home to grab the vette, when i was getting the vette i saw where i parked the kon was some liquid. looked the same as the fluid under the truck. so i hate to say it, was my own damn fault. but the truck should warn me of low fluid, RIGHT?? thankfully im under an extended warrenty, but even then im sure the 8 year 80k would cover it anyway as its a power train issue. so this was my day. im just kinda sad, as i thought i had the perfect yukon that was immune to all issues. :au: :cryin:

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Being that it is under extended warranty will you be getting a "stock" rebuild or replacement or stepping up to something better? I wouldn't know what you would need but surely there are dozens of companies out there with a performace upgraded tranny either for speed or towing.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap i feel yah on this one....under the gmpp your going to get a serta replacement tranny mine blew at 40k ..and your right it shoulda told you low fluid or something ..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it runs in limp mode, but makes terrible sounds. we had to do it to line it up with the tow truck. just not been a great day. i would love to put a better tranny in, but if i blow ten trannys and their all free, then thats better. i use it for towing alot. my boat being the biggest, and it always did it, but i didnt have as much faith in it. now i completly lost faith in the tranny. thats the achilles heal of GM trucks i think. i wish we could get the allison tranny.

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geez tranny gone on a 06!! damn...

and greengumby's gone at 40k!!

I hate reading stories like these

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without having the extended warranty how much would a tranny usually run anyway if it was to be replaced?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without having the extended warranty how much would a tranny usually run anyway if it was to be replaced?

even with out the extended warrenty im sure that the 8 year 80 powertrain would cover it. the new ones get 5 year 100k. but im not sure. im intrested too.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$4200 from the stealership i saw the bill but my gmpp covered it BUT i still had to sign off on it and man did my hand shake when i saw those numbers

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geez tranny gone on a 06!! damn...

and greengumby's gone at 40k!!

I hate reading stories like these

Well mine wouldnt shift into D from park ..so I went in and they had to replace the tranny ....I wont tell yah the nightmares I had with the dealership since I dont think they knew what they were doing :)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine had been doing that. but i could get it to shift if my buddy pushed his truck on mine a little. so i thought it was just torque lock. guess not. :skep:

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$4200 from the stealership i saw the bill but my gmpp covered it BUT i still had to sign off on it and man did my hand shake when i saw those numbers

Yeah...i'm glad I got my extended warranty as well, but 45,000 miles and the tranny blows on an 06...that's just not right

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...i'm glad I got my extended warranty as well, but 45,000 miles and the tranny blows on an 06...that's just not right

i think i worked it to hard. i guess i should not use it to pull walls, trees, bushes, etc out of the ground.

but towing i dont see how i could hurt it. i mean i have the factory tow packedge.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch that really sucks it had to go out on you that early. You must have been pulling some big trees out of the ground lol. I tow a 540i on the 20 ft trailer every now and then and just had the trans/diff fluids changed at 65k. Not a single shaving found :)

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i worked it to hard. i guess i should not use it to pull walls, trees, bushes, etc out of the ground.

but towing i dont see how i could hurt it. i mean i have the factory tow packedge.

Yeah...possibly pulling walls, and trees may have done the trick. Well, I'm glad that you had that extended warranty

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...possibly pulling walls, and trees may have done the trick. Well, I'm glad that you had that extended warranty

it worked, and you think i would have learned my lesson, but i tell you after the new tranny is in, i will be right back there doing it again, maybe its time to invest in an old clumker pick up truck. :cool2:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you tow much at all with these trucks, you're going to blow your transmission. The reason I go the F-250 in the first place was because the Sub just isn't up to the task.

When you take the truck into the shop to get the warranty work done, don't tell them you were towing when it happened. I've made that mistake before.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you tow much at all with these trucks, you're going to blow your transmission. The reason I go the F-250 in the first place was because the Sub just isn't up to the task.

When you take the truck into the shop to get the warranty work done, don't tell them you were towing when it happened. I've made that mistake before.

yea, im just gunna say it blew up. all the more reason for me to go get a super duty.