i want a stock ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black black

Reaction score
hello I have a 02 Tahoe it came with 265/70/16 but I upgrade to a 285/60/18 with falken s/tz-04 tires. I feel the road more and every bump. it do not absorb the bump or potholes. what should I do. I dont want to go back to a 16" rim and I love the 18"rims. is it my tire because it a racing tire with a hard compound or what. whats the best tire to put on this truck and what should I do about the hard ride and size to get that stock ride

DennisW

Reaction score
hello I have a 02 Tahoe it came with 265/70/16 but I upgrade to a 285/60/18 with falken s/tz-04 tires. I feel the road more and every bump. it do not absorb the bump or potholes. what should I do. I dont want to go back to a 16" rim and I love the 18"rims. is it my tire because it a racing tire with a hard compound or what. whats the best tire to put on this truck and what should I do about the hard ride and size to get that stock ride

You put tires on it with shorter sidewalls, that makes for less rubber to do some of the bump absorbing. If you want the softer ride that you had with the 70 series tires then put them back on

Problem solved.........